Change To Generators And Spawn Tubes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remember kids, only you can prevent spamming.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-23, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Change To Generators And Spawn Tubes

http://www.planetside-universe.com/i...hp?newsid=1188
Old 2005-03-23, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I think it's a stupid idea. If people are griefing, then ban them.
Old 2005-03-23, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

That or drop the ability to damage friendlys at all, I mean with all that tech and everything you'd think they would be able to develop an anti-friendlyfire device of some sort.
Old 2005-03-23, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Sounds like a good idea to me, I mean do you REALLY think that the gen is just going to be 'accidently' blown by friendlies during a fight? MAYBE if the room was packed with 20+ people. But realisticly it just isn't going to happen. In the long run this will just block people looking to cause trouble, period.
Old 2005-03-24, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

If we COMPLETELY got rid of Friendly Fire... no, just no. That's a stupid idea. Welcome to plasma grenade hell.
Old 2005-03-24, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Firefly
I think it's a stupid idea. If people are griefing, then ban them.
I doubt the CSRs have that much time on their hands.
Old 2005-03-24, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Defending a base, not looking good, just got worse, enemy pouring in, base hacked, basle almost enemy's now, enemy rushing in, just enough time to blow the gen. Can you? FUCK NO! Not after this patch
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-03-24, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

so what? IMO blowing your own gens just because you're going to lose the base is a cowardly and selfish thing to do. Many of your comrades are willing to go down with the ship, (and collect all the BEP they can while doing so) and then just because one jackass doesn't want the zerg there he blows then gens and ends the fight. Bravo
Old 2005-03-24, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

I've had people who just insist on destroying the spawns once, I tked him to the point of weaps lock and then broadcasted for someone else to take over the job untill he left...

If you remove friendly fire then, yea, no one would worry about plasma spamming or OSing or shooting into a door or anything. There needs to be some moderation.
Old 2005-03-24, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Jeffey
so what? IMO blowing your own gens just because you're going to lose the base is a cowardly and selfish thing to do. Many of your comrades are willing to go down with the ship, (and collect all the BEP they can while doing so) and then just because one jackass doesn't want the zerg there he blows then gens and ends the fight. Bravo
The tactic I stated before, has helped the calvary come in from another continent to easily retake the base and start a new assault on the continent. If that doesn't happen, it's a nice way to piss off the enemy : )
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-03-31, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I was running a gen training session and we discovered by accident, that you can still damage the gen and bring it down. It still gives grief, and will still explode as normal. I think they might have goofed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion