Interested in PS - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn Communist
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-08-10, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Destiga
Private

Interested in PS

Hey all, I've always wanted to play Planetside, I was still playing Infantry when it launched, and I've heard that it's a dead or dieing game. Can anyone let me know what type of games happen in peak and dead hours? I dont want to purchase the game and end up being a lone soldier type of scenario. Thanks in advance, Des.
Old 2007-08-10, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HandiAce
Private

Re: Interested in PS

There are definitely lots of players on PlanetSide. Battles are hot! I can log on with plenty people to play with/against. I would not say it's a dying game.
Old 2007-08-11, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ultraviolente
Private

^
Same. People say that the populations are less than they have been, but for me, a particularly new player, it's quite ok.
Old 2007-08-12, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Destiga
Private

Thanks for the replies, my second question is. Which game / expac do most people play on? If I recall theres 3 games in total? Been a while since I kept up with that stuff...
Old 2007-08-13, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ultraviolente
Private

The expansion packs are automatically installed via the autopatcher. All you have to get is a cdkey / temporary 30 day buddy key and get the isntaller from station.com . The "expacks" are inbedded into the game servers already, every player who bought and is playing Planetside, irregardles when or where he got it, has the expacks.
Old 2007-08-16, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Master11
Private

To summarize it: Planetside is an awesome, original game, with more that sufficient people around to have good fights 24/7.

As ultra said, just download the installer, and you will be fine.
Old 2007-08-16, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Auditek
Private

Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
There are definitely lots of players on PlanetSide. Battles are hot! I can log on with plenty people to play with/against. I would not say it's a dying game.

I agree, from what i'v played in the last couple years, it's hard NOT to find a battle!
Old 2007-08-18, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Adoran
Private

I played as part of the Planetside Reserves, and I definitely didn't have any problems finding a fight. Lots of fun, lots of people. Unless things have changed since then, I'd definitely not call it a dying game. Not yet, anyway :P
Old 2007-08-24, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EaziG
Private

Its not dead at all, the old vets may say its "dead" but honestly i have never been bored while playing pside, theres always been something to do/kill. Im yet to come across a game that is as good imo. Ok yea, pside does have its faults, but so does every game, give it a go mate, im sure you wont be disappointed.
Old 2007-09-04, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Tigue
Private

I wouldnt say PS is dead nor dying. its gone through its share of people (like any game) and many players leave for a month or two only to come back to it (like myself). I think it was put best by a post i saw a while back which stated PS is the MMO everything game. it evelops RTS, FPS, RPG, and just about every other gaming all rolled into one. If you havent ever tried it, might i recommend grabbing one of these keys and giving it a shot.
If you decide to give it a try, feel free to write me in game and id be more than happy to give you some pointers.
- Tigue
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion