so - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: be vewy vewy qwiet. Wewe hunting wanu.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-05-21, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
kidriot
Sergeant Major

so

I'll probably end up being a legend in this game as well as the first.

discuss.
Old 2011-05-22, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: so

Who the fuck are you?
Old 2011-05-22, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Who the fuck are you?

Last edited by Furret; 2011-05-22 at 10:19 AM.
Old 2011-05-22, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Who the fuck are you?
and the next question is, And why should we care

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-05-23, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
kidriot
Sergeant Major

Because I led the best outfit in the game during Planetsides prime. We created hot dropping and ToD's. We were so good we attracted the best players from other factions.

I was in the top 5 leaderboards gamewide during my active days. Also, anyone worth a shit has heard of me and Hostile Takeover.
Old 2011-05-23, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Welcome back and glad to see that you are looking forward to PS:N with the rest of us. I do hope they introduce 8km x 8km maps though as by the sounds of it you ego will take up a good 4km.
Old 2011-05-23, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by kidriot View Post
Because I led the best outfit in the game during Planetsides prime. We created hot dropping and ToD's. We were so good we attracted the best players from other factions.

I was in the top 5 leaderboards gamewide during my active days. Also, anyone worth a shit has heard of me and Hostile Takeover.
grats! You've achieved nothing IRL!
Old 2011-05-23, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vancha
Colonel

If you're old enough to have played Planetside in it's prime, why are you still bragging to such an extent over a game? I can't fathom why you care how well you played a game over 6 years ago, let alone why you think anyone else would. Move on.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Because I led the best outfit in the game during Planetsides prime.
Everyone thinks their outfit is the best.

We created hot dropping and ToD's.
No you didn't.

Never heard of you, never heard of your outfit, and I still don't give a shit. I hear a bunch of bawjawing on an internet gaming forum, but that's about it. I'm decidedly underwhelmed. Sorry.
Old 2011-05-23, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Truly great players/groups don't need affirmation from the masses that they're great/amazing/etc.

Those that do aren't really that great. Especially people in supposedly great outfits that are dead. Oh and HT isn't that great, you've had a few good players, but trying to say you're the "Best" outfit is a stretch.

No offense.

Last edited by Effective; 2011-05-23 at 02:20 PM.
Old 2011-05-23, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Raymac
Brigadier General

You guys serisously letting yourselves get pulled in on this extremely obvious attempt at grabbing attention?
Old 2011-05-23, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
otomotopia
Sergeant

I was in the top 5 leaderboards gamewide during my active days.
You didn't run Hostile Takeover, you were promoted to member after being recruited in game. You were just as much of an attention grabbing in 2004 as you are now, as well.
Old 2011-05-23, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
kidriot
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
You didn't run Hostile Takeover, you were promoted to member after being recruited in game. You were just as much of an attention grabbing in 2004 as you are now, as well.
you're right, I was recruited. I didn't create the outfit (clan). after Mad stepped down I took over, which was still in the early PS days and we epitomized the bad ass mobile type fighting I always preferred. I led the outfit on Ventrilo and was the leader in everything but in-game title.

afterwards, SgtMad took over and the rest is history.
Old 2011-05-23, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SgtMAD
Captain

this guy did invent hotdropping, it was him and BlackLabel,I could never figure out why they were throwing away perfectly good aircraft until i tagged along with them, they needed someone to hack the tower while they killed everyone in it, no shit.

these guys developed surgile and were all over the leaderboard of Markov.

its why the old school guys used to call Ht Hotdrop takeover
Old 2011-05-23, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Gunuko
Corporal

A lot of people here didn't play Markov old school from the looks of it. The current Ht, isn't that spectacular from what I witnessed when I last played this game a while back playing my tr alt(though they still seemed decent and skilled especially as far as team work goes), but back in 2003/2004 they were one of the most dominant outfits on any server. I remember seeing them take on nearly the entire tr zerg in tower battles with just they're 2 squads, they were unbelievable. Dreamer/Rathdal/EvilPoptart/kidriot/BlackLabel, just to name a few off the top of my head. I remember ToDing them and Future Crew back when I played with PcP. (Not that I'm defending kidriots boasting) They probably aren't what they once were anyways, and by this point in time in gaming history most people have played hundreds upon thousands of hours of PC fps gaming, and are decent players.

I also see a lot of ppl trashing Markov outfits on the main forums, the reason why there isn't that large of a Markov presence as far as l33t players go is because markov players all quit probably due to high ping to emerald. The current PcP has great players, but there were many super dominant players in PcP back in the day that haven't played in years.

Last edited by Gunuko; 2011-05-23 at 09:36 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion