Jackhammer? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how long does it take for these things to be approved?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-20, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SKYeXile
Major General

Jackhammer?

could be old, and not of any relivence.

none the less, it looks cool.

http://kossarts.blogspot.com/2010/10...lanetside.html

Old 2011-07-20, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

Re: Jackhammer?

Sexy. I'm curious how NC Heavy assault is handled in PS2. I assume we will be receiving the Jackhammer but as I do recall the Flamethrower was originally intended too be the NC HA Weapon. I'm down with either however I'm excited about new Jackhammer mechanics
Old 2011-07-20, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bags
Lieutenant General

At least from this angle it looks like shit. It doesn't look like a shotgun at all. I honestly assumed they'd throw it out though tbh, it was so unpopular balance-wise.
Old 2011-07-20, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Valdae
Sergeant

God, just looking at it already makes me groan
Old 2011-07-20, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

You guy's talk as if the Lasher was balanced as a Russian gymnast. Honestly the the most "balanced" HA in the game was the MCG in my opinion
Old 2011-07-20, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

I play TR and I've always felt the Lasher was and is in a good spot. Maybe slightly too powerful in hallways, but otherwise good.

MCG is great if you get a steady 50+ fps, which I don't with a modern gaming PC.
Old 2011-07-20, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

MCG is the best HA in the game currently, why?

RANGE!
100 shots!

Having range on someone is awesome, and being able to get the first ~10 shots in one spot till it blooms is amazing.

Jackhammer has some range but nothing incredible.

Lasher has range but the accuracy is not the best at range, especially if you are having to dodge and weave enemy fire.

I love the Lasher and think it is in a pretty good spot, except I wish there was a little more damage from the Lash.. because thats what it's named after and now the Lash is quite pathetic.

Last edited by SilverLord; 2011-07-20 at 01:26 AM.
Old 2011-07-20, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I play TR and I've always felt the Lasher was and is in a good spot.

Haha I remember back in 2003 or if it was 2004 when SOE released the infamous Lasher patch which made the Lasher so OP it was ridicilous.

I think it took a week or two before they released a new patch adjusting it back because during that time no one stood a chance against a Lasher user and I remember also that after a while both TR and NC started running around with one because they looted them as soon as they could.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-07-20, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Haha I remember back in 2003 or if it was 2004 when SOE released the infamous Lasher patch which made the Lasher so OP it was ridicilous.
Not only was it incredibly overpowered against Infantry AND Armor, it would slow the enemies computer to a crawl because it was so graphic intense. Using it was a pain because the guns flash was so ridiculous you could hardly see.

Old 2011-07-20, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Traak
Colonel

I think it took a week or two before they released a new patch adjusting it back because during that time no one stood a chance against a Lasher user and I remember also that after a while both TR and NC started running around with one because they looted them as soon as they could.
And that is when I started my now-CR5 Vanu character. And saw the username on the Vanu side: exploituntilnerfed.

The Vanu AAmax used to rock. Then the NC and TR cried enough that it got the worst reload timer of any weapon in the game.
Old 2011-07-20, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

absolutely. It got so bad at one point that every time the Vanu appeared on the battlefield the NC and TR would form a Truce and use their combined strength to wipe the Vanu away. It was def. a balance issue in the long term but considering the Vanu are suppose to have vastly superior weapon's technology as it is I found it kind of cool and fun!
Old 2011-07-20, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
LordReaver
First Sergeant

I bet that concept art is from a different game.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
I bet that concept art is from a different game.
this.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
CutterJohn
Colonel

Yeah, I think someone said the NC were going to be more about railgun tech and less about shotguns.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Aractain
Major

I hope the jackhammer is back...

Locked in a display case in some NC museam with a plaque that reads "Here lies the hammer of the exploit gods. Banished to hell and never to return, without the power of surgile and warp this weapon lies dormant until the leaderborder lovers of yester decade can find thier deadly evil once again!"
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion