Gameplay: Engineers Welding Upgrade Armor Plates to Armor - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Kicking the VS to the curb since [classified]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-07-29, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Post Engineers Welding Upgrade Armor Plates to Armor

This idea would allow engineers who have followed a particular path of certification to weld additional armor to vehicles for armor upgrades (armored skirts, etc.). It would cost the outfit (assuming the game utilizes some type of resource expenditure for outfits) a resource, whatever it may be. But the additional armor would act the same as the force-fields in the previous game (amp stations?).

It would be limited to a certain level of armor upgrade to prevent abuse. Engineers would be required to carry the armor plate and it would occupy most, if not all, of their inventory while they are transporting the plate to the vehicle. It could possibly be dependent on a power source or a specific base for resources.
Old 2011-07-29, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Engineers Welding Upgrade Armor Plates to Armor

Only gets my vote it's done to the theme from the A-Team

Would the plates add weight to the vehicle so you'd be trading speed for protection?
Old 2011-07-29, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

So you envision that we should go all german on the situation and start adding Schürzen platting to any vehicle we can?

Perhaps different formats and ways for implementation via the different factions I guess...
Old 2011-07-29, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

I can see this happening, but without the whole carrying the plates bit. We're already summoning tanks out of nano-machines and repairing them by zapping the same spot with essentially a tube. I think we can suspend our disbelief well enough to believe an engineer can place armor plating on a tank using that same tube mentioned earlier.
Old 2011-07-29, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Krowe
Sergeant

What about Engineer Upgrade Canisters? Could be an added functionality if they return.
Old 2011-07-29, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Krowe View Post
What about Engineer Upgrade Canisters? Could be an added functionality if they return.
Ooh, good call. There's a lot of things those should be able to do besides deploy turrets, shields, and tank barriers (which I just use as "anywhere, any time" cover.) Armor plating, small inflatable motorized rafts... a lot of cool things.
Old 2011-07-29, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Krowe
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
Ooh, good call. There's a lot of things those should be able to do besides deploy turrets, shields, and tank barriers (which I just use as "anywhere, any time" cover.) Armor plating, small inflatable motorized rafts... a lot of cool things.
?

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same item. It doesn't sound like you're talking about the alternative ammo for the nano-dispenser.
Old 2011-07-29, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Goes to show how often I bother upgrading turrets or planting anything but TRAPs. I don't even know what they actual tool to make them is called, it's just been "the TRAP maker" for as long as I can remember.
Old 2011-07-30, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Krowe
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
Goes to show how often I bother upgrading turrets or planting anything but TRAPs. I don't even know what they actual tool to make them is called, it's just been "the TRAP maker" for as long as I can remember.
Yeah thats ACE or FDU, the only thing the current upgrade cans do is upgrade the weapons on wall turrets, which I gotta say is something easily filled in by a tank or ground transport of the appropriate faction.

Somewhat lacking.
Old 2011-07-30, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CutterJohn
Colonel

Can the engineer weld an engy tool to my MAXs arm?
Old 2011-07-30, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Can the engineer weld an engy tool to my MAXs arm?
Make it so.

And a flamethrower. I want to be in my VS Max suit, flying into groups of people, burning them to death, then fly back off to heal myself.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault