Cloaked Infiltrator Image from Higby! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma just wiped out my whole outfit.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-18, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Cloaked Infiltrator Image from Higby!

http://yfrog.com/ntshqdsj

Yo mama so nasty when she walks in a room everyone activates their infiltration suit #PlanetsideYoMama
That looks awesome.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Re: Cloaked Infiltrator Image from Higby!

Woah hold the phone... does that Infiltrator have a rifle?
Old 2011-11-18, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by IceyCold View Post
looking that way.

though it looks like its not moving...and rather visible. downside of a rifle?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-18, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
FIREk
Captain

An SMG, most likely, but yes. Come to think of it, it does look a lot like the Suppressor, especially the top and front.

I wonder if this is what makes him so visible... Perhaps if he only had a pistol or melee weapon, he would be as invisible as his PS1 counterparts?

Either that, or he was moving, OR Higby turned on the "I'm moving now" effect for the screenshot.

Last edited by FIREk; 2011-11-18 at 04:57 PM.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Xyntech
Brigadier General

HOLY FUCKBalls. That sonofabitch is armed.

Wtf is this shit? Seriously.

Is this just a WIP and the final cloaker won't have rifles or is this a huge new direction in gameplay?

Maybe this is what they meant when they said that a sniper could cloak, but not effectively. Like they can camouflage, but never turn truly invisible. Since that doesn't appear to be a sniper rifle, maybe the bigger the gun you have, the worse your standing still cloak quality is? So a stationary sniper would be even more visible than that?

This picture raises so many questions.

Looks pretty awesome though. I like the cloak effect.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Canaris
Contributor
General

I see gogglez!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-11-18, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
I see gogglez!
They do nothing.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-11-18, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Raymac
Brigadier General

Looks really cool, but it also kinda looks like they won't be completely invisible. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I love the Predator look though.

Old 2011-11-18, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

The rifle may just be what they had on this guy when they let him cloak for a screenshot. Doesnt neccesarily mean cloakers get one in the final game.

But honestly if thats final, then even that is too much cloaking for someone with a rifle esp a sniper. If you dont move and are in cover, you will be stupid hard to see. That type of cloaking may be visible when moving but when still and in in cover its insanely good, too good for a sniper or rifle carrier. I for one would always use that suit over even rexo if im gonna work in an area with cover or at medium/longer ranges with a rifle, its a no brainer. So dont expect it to be a rifle carrying solider that can cloak like that, its just retarded.

And yeah they did exactly what i was sayin with the cloak effect, eliminates the probs with the transparency hacks of ps1.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2011-11-18, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

I see nothing.................... but predators and pulse rifles!!! These guys know what I like! Keep this shit up and ill be buying your next dinner!
Old 2011-11-18, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Traak
Colonel

If all cloakers send no positional data, or data of any sort, to anyone, friend or foe, beyond 50 feet, then, fine. You can't DirectX layer-mask hack something that just isn't there.

Looks like those twin MARS video cards will be a good investment to keep frame rates high at all times. Imagine if you had 20 cloakers in the same view at once? Your video card would be a-chuggin, belching smoke out its stack like Little Toot.

Funny how today's GAMES render stuff in real time they used to need a server farm to do for a movie.

Once again, I prophesy that enemy players will not have the billboards over their head in glaring red, announcing their name, outfit, health, SSN, last spawn point, etc, but will be players you actually have to just visually identify.

Friendlies, however, I wonder if they will have some tag overlay.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-11-18 at 06:02 PM.
Old 2011-11-18, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SKYeXile
Major General

lol you dont need DL or hacks to kill clockers in PS1, most are fucking terrible...

I got hate tells all the time...BUT.. BUT HOW DID YOU SEE ME...I didn't...but the radar did...

SKYeXile TRF - GM

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-11-18 at 05:59 PM.
Old 2011-11-18, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hamma
PSU Admin

Added:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...hp?img_id=1760

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-18, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
The rifle may just be what they had on this guy when they let him cloak for a screenshot. Doesnt neccesarily mean cloakers get one in the final game.

But honestly if thats final, then even that is too much cloaking for someone with a rifle esp a sniper. If you dont move and are in cover, you will be stupid hard to see. That type of cloaking may be visible when moving but when still and in in cover its insanely good, too good for a sniper or rifle carrier. I for one would always use that suit over even rexo if im gonna work in an area with cover or at medium/longer ranges with a rifle, its a no brainer. So dont expect it to be a rifle carrying solider that can cloak like that, its just retarded.

And yeah they did exactly what i was sayin with the cloak effect, eliminates the probs with the transparency hacks of ps1.
I'm not sure if it's too retarded. Remember, this is a guy with a regular rifle, not a sniper rifle. He also seems to be standing completely stationary and not firing.

That's pretty visible for a guy just standing around doing nothing. Think about it from the cloakers perspective. He probably has practically no armor and isn't even invisible when he's standing motionless.

The moment he starts moving or opens fire, he'll probably become several levels more visible and it's not like he'll be able to run away and hide very easy either, because he will never be able to go fully invisible. The moment you spot them moving or firing, it will be that much easier to zero in on this partially visible form.

If they have little armor and ammo, it would hardly be overpowered to have them carrying a SMG. A sniper rifle would be OP, but if they made snipers even more visible when stationary and forced them to become fully visible for several seconds after firing, even a sniper could be balanced. It would be more like a very light camo effect instead of invisibility.

I still tend to be hesitant about any form of cloaking with weapons larger than a pistol though, so we'll just have to wait for more confirmed information and eventually see how whatever they decide on plays in beta.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2011-11-18 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2011-11-18, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Probably a carbine variant. I kind of suspected that they'd end up with those as an option. Probably had to pick between that and a bunch of useful toys though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion