Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-04, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Kinda funny

This is a kinda funny artical I found:

His Holiness Pope John Paul II smokes marijuana, according to a T-shirt owned by Watsonia apprentice baker, Glen Bridie, 21.

The T-shirt, which has a worn hole on the right shoulder, may be used as evidence in a trial that would shake modern Catholicism to its very core should Watsonia police decide to persue the matter.

While Mr Bridie denies having smoked marijuana with the man millions of Catholics believe to be the earthbound incarnation of God, the message on Mr Bridie's T-shirt makes a strong case for the Pope's conviction.

The T-shirt reads, 'I like the Pope. The Pope smokes dope' and was purchased by Mr Bridie while hungover at the Victoria Market almost eight years ago. Mr Bridie says he is unsure as to the reliability of the information on the T-shirt and claims that he 'barely remembers buying [the item].'

'No shit,' he said, 'I must've had money burning a hole in my pocket that day. I think I just bought it, got a few laughs, and now just throw it on whenever there's nothing else clean.'

When asked how often he thought the Pope may have smoked marijuana, Mr Bridie seemed to withhold information.

'How would I know?' he said. 'I'm not even a Catholic. I've never met the guy. I haven't even been to Greece or whatever.'

An Australian spokesperson for the Vatican, Fr Tristan Pierce, told reporters that it is highly unlikely that the Pope has ever touched marijuana or any other illegal substances since becoming Pope in 1978.

'I think his Holiness is high on the love of the lord, plus anti-depressants, one or two Alzheimer's medications a lot of the time. His busy schedule would not lend itself to any further substances.'

However, Internet publisher Mazzio Panozzo of www.realVatican.com is relieved that the truth is finally being revealed.

'I knew the first time I saw that T-shirt in Roma that JP2 had some skeletons in the closet. Mostly with a Pope it's the little boys. But this is big. Then again, for years I've been telling anyone who'll listen - JP2 is one radical dude.'
Old 2003-03-05, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-05, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

thats good
Old 2003-03-05, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Actually, I think it's a pathetic attempt to bring so holy a man down. A man who was hailed as the "highest moral authority on earth," by former president Gorbachev is always dragged through the mud and I personally think it's terrible.

Let me give you the facts of this man's life, whom I admire very much:

1) His mother died when he was age 10. His sister died at birth and he had a borther who became a doctor which died before he had the chance to know him. Karol's [yes, the pope did have a name before Pope Jonh Paul II] father died when he was at the young age or 20.

2) The pope has worked as a dramatist, poet, stone quarry technician [slave labor during Nazi rule], a chemical plant [which manufactured the chemicals used against his own people, he was forced to work there], professor, and as a priest.

3) He helped destroy and is accreddited to destroying communism.

4) He is principled. having parkinson's disease he could benefit from stem cell research; yet he declines calling for the eradication of such research as it is derived from embryos.

5) During WWII he fought in the Polish Army which was evenutally defeated. He then was forced to work in a stone quarry.

6) He attended the seminary at risk to his life.

7) During his years as a preist he used to practice his beliefs and tend to the spiritual needs of those around him regardless of "current authorities."

8) He has tried and is trying to bridge the gap between the world's religions.

9) He has written more than 20 books, 300 encydricals, and 600 pastorial letters during his pontificate ALONE.

10) In world affairs he seeks to act as a peaceful compromiser. He sent one of his closest cardinals to Iraq to discuss options with Saddam.

11) During his early years of teaching and attending school, he could have been killed any day by Nazi soldiers.

12) He is the leader of 1000000000 catholics worldwide.

13) He never used drugs, he efforts against their use and uses his yearly stipend to offer charity to such offices which prevent their use.

That's just the tip of the iceberg...

Don't post things detrimental to the pope's character; it pisses alot of people off.

No, it wasn't funny.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-05, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sputty
Banned

Calm down. We all had a laugh. Guess we learned who would take that seriously. Have you never seen T-Shirts like that? The joke was about reporters who took that seriously...And people who are unable to make or understand a joke
Old 2003-03-05, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

reading that, it sounds like an article out of a tabloid
Old 2003-03-05, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
San�Rock
Private

Old 2003-03-05, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Sputty:

I have seen shirts like that. I have heard worse things than the above article about the Pope. I don't care who the guy is or what he represents. Respect him. He's a good man. These potshots are BS and quite frankly I'm sick of them.

Move on to something else.

I don't care to laugh at a joke that is made at the cost of a great man's character.

Sorry, I'm not that way.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-05, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Bighoss
General

You kidding that article is true as hell I remeber just a few days ago me and Johny P went to the most bitchin Pot bar in Amsterdam.

WURD
Old 2003-03-05, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Big:

Huh?

BTW, your sig is kinda wrong. Evil is the absence of good. So if you are evil, you eradicate good. If you are good you destroy evil. So you say it is good to be evil in order to preserve good. You cannot preserve good by doing evil which eradicates good.

"You can never justify the end by the means."

Old 2003-03-05, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Confectrix, your sig is wrong cause it is not in English.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-03-05, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Camping Carl
Major

Confectrix I've got nothing against you, but jeez, could you quit starting arguements about every little thing?

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-03-05, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Old 2003-03-05, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Camping:

Nor should you have anything against me.

Starting an argument. In your mind, maybe. Not in mine. Mere commentation.

I've refrained from continuing my posts in the other forums with which I've had differences of opinion [we do like to throw the word argument around, don't we hmm...]. So there's a start.

And camping; to misinterperate what is evil is no small matter.

Lex:

80% of the English language is derived from Latin. English is therefore a devolved form of Latin. I've always chosen the higher standard. Besides, it looks good.

Faithfully yours,

Old 2003-03-05, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Besides, I don't like that Big disagreed with the article. or did I mistake that? Let me know big.

You're a cool guy, with a clever sig.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge