Weapon Webcast Questions! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside, be there, or be square
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-22, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Weapon Webcast Questions!

Post em, we relay them to them!

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39115

This is the thread about the webcast. Get your time for the webcast there!

Now, questions:

Question:
Does the Lasher still fire colorful disco balls? Does the Orbs still Lash? If no orbs, what does it fire now?

Question:
Sniper rifle:

Names of all 3
Attachments
Zooming type (none/mousebutton/mousewheel)
Shot velocity
Drop distance
Max effective range
Method of aiming (cof/recoil)
Balance issues between singleshot anti-sniper and semi-auto noobgun
Effectiveness against maxes
Which vehicles' glass can be penetrated
VS sniper rifle specifics
Movement firing
Marksman class specifics and customisation details
Sniper item-shop items

Question:
Do Knifes 1shot? Do we have to equip/select them first? And do they have Secondary Functions like PS1?
Also: Will there be Non Empire Specific knives/Melee we can equip? Like the Fusion Blade from PS1? How is the issue of quick-knife vs equip knife being tested and/or discussed INTERNALLY.

Question:
What's status of the Vanu MAX special ability right now?
Are the VS MAX weapons still Quasar, Comet, Starfire and if so do they function the same?

Question:
Is the Lancer still a charge-shot direct fire weapon? (Morto hopes so)

Question:
Any brand new weapons? Commonpool or otherwise?

Question:
What variants can each class use? I.e. can a medic use smg, sweeper, etc.

Question:
How are you going to balance the TR's weapon speed vs accuracy, one problem from the original PS was that the TR Empire ability could fire rapidly at a target but with the bloom of the Cone of Fire the bullets would go ever which way instead of at the intended target.

Question:
TwoThreeSix said that while VS Engineers don't get the Assault version of the Pulsar, they do get a Carbine version. What will the differences be between these two variations of the Pulsar? (and presumably, equivalents for TR and NC Engineers).

Question:
What are some non-weapon attachments that one can put on the Pulsar Carbine? For instance, a Darklight Reflex Sight? A Target-Designator that paints targets for teammates? Maybe even changing the color of your shots?

Question:
How many hardpoints are on primary weapons (ie Assault Rifles, Carbines, Shotguns, etc)? Ie- how many attachments can we have on each weapon? Will there be upgrades/sidegrades to allow for more, such as a weapon starting with two attachments but being unlockable up to four, etc?

Question:
In Planetside 1, engaging a MAX with anti-infantry weapons was basically useless (in a good way; a MAX was a walking vehicle). Since things like TTK have changed, will MAXes be in danger from infantry weapons, or will we need to use CE and anti-armor weapons to take them down (like in PS1)?

Question:
Will Melee be a fourth category of slottable weapons for a MAX, such as Vanu energy sabers and TR chainblades, or will MAXes have a standard, generic melee attack?

Question:
What are some Empire-Specific explosives that the Vanu Engineer will get?

Question:
The flamethrower that Tramell posted on twitter not long ago, is it for MAXs? Because I can't see how a regular soldier can use it. Assuming the Flamethrower is infact a MAX weapon, will we be seeing other NS weapons for Maxes?

Question:
WHERE IS MY TR KNIFE?!?!?!

Question:
What kind of grenades will we be seeing? Will Jammers be coming back? What kind of fun new types are there?

Question:
Matt tweeted 3 images a while back of some turrets on a base wall, few questions on those: Will there be empire specific weapons for these turrets?
Are these the only commonpool weapons for them, or are there others not yet shown off?

Question:
Not really a weapon, but what kind of tools will Medics be getting? Mainly how will they be healing others?

Question:
C4 has been mentioned several times, are these the new Boomers or is it separate from them? What classes can use them?

Question:
Do MAXs have melee weapons? It was mentioned they have a charge... MAXKnight please! Sir Maxador, protector of the Innocent, Knight of the realm of Vanu!

Question:
What kind of weapons can infiltrators use beside sniper rifles?

Question:
Can you please describe a way (in detail) that an NC player might be able to modify his or her weapon loadout to 'match' the same style of gameplay that A TR might obtain through a base loadout.

Question:
Is weapon balance designed with the idea of each weapon type being defeatable by any other to encourage individual reward? or is it more rock-paper-scissors style, with one type most typically winning out over another to encourage organized team tactical play.

Question:
Are modifications to weapons set to specific types? I.E. if I want to do something crazy, like add a x8 scope to my 10-15 foot range sweeper shotgun, can I? (Borderlands Anyone? Basti loves Sniper Shotguns!)

Question:
Do certain weapon types do different TYPES of damage. I.E. is a sniper rifle more damaging to a tank's treads than an assault rifle due to caliber?

Question:
If i unlock certain options for my Pulsar, Gauss or Cycler in one class, do i have the same options in any other class that can use the same weapon? Means, do unlocks get shared across the classes?

Question:
Grenade Launchers? Like the Thumper? What about the Rocket Rifle?

Question:
Do Classes have access to the basic version of their weapons right away, or is there a need to unlock them first? Means, can for example cloakers use Sniper rifles right away, or do they need to train into them first to be able to use the base loadout of a sniper rifle?

Question:
What are you guys favorite guns? Obviously Matt loves his velociraptor Launcher, and T-Ray fires his Glare at every moving target, but what about actual weapons that are in the game?

Question:
What is THIS thing, if its not a pulsar?

Question:
What's the average amount of time to fully max out a skill tree for a weapon?

Question:
How do we keep our weapons supplied with Ammo? Looting enemys is apparently out, so where to get bullets/batterys from? If engineers can deploy some kind of ammo dispencer, how exactly can they deploy them (once? Every X minutes?) and how many ammo is in them (unlimited? X total for everyone?)

Question:
In Planetside 1, it seemed like each weapon was designed to fill a particular role, with the extreme customization that is in Planetside 2, is this still the philosophy, or has it moved to customizing individual weapons to suit different roles?

Question:
Will the flame thrower flames stick to terrain? Can we burn stuff down (besides enemy players) ?

Question:
Will there be significant limitations to ammo in weapons, will be be common for a spray and prayer to run out of bullets quickly or is it quake style?

Question:
do reloads per ES heavy weapon have different timing? Will there be any "cert tree" items to alleviate reload times?

Question:
Will the weight of the weapons affect the speed of the soldier? Will adding more addons slow the soldier down?

Question:
Can ALL weapons damage all targets at least a little like a SMG against a tank, will it take HP down at all?

Question:
What is the fastest TTK of any of the weapons at the present?

Question:
Will there be melee (hitting an enemy with your weapon in the face) ?

Question:
Will there be night vision scopes for weapons?

Question:
Will I be able to tell which weapon I have switched to from the sound it makes? Will the weapons sound deadly and shake the walls apart, or sound like nerf guns? Will the weapons make ambient noise? like vanu weapons humming, nc weapons rattling while I run, etc

Question:
How potent is the Damage Degradation on VS weapons? Roughly when does it start and how steep does it degrade?

Question:
Since the Beamer has "self-charging" cells, does this mean it will never run out of ammo?

Question:
What kind of "versatility" traits/advantages are VS weapons going to get?

Question:
How accurate are weapons going to be when not using ironsights? Are at least some weapons being designed so that run-and-gun is a viable alternative playstyle to ironsights (hint: HA)?

Question:
What are roughly the effective and maximum ranges of the various weapon types (SMG's, Carbine, AR's, etc)?

Question:

Question:

Last edited by basti; 2012-02-24 at 05:49 PM.
Old 2012-02-22, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Weapon Webcast Questions!

Does the Lasher still fire colorful disco balls?
Old 2012-02-22, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DayOne
Captain

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39115

A little late Basti.
Old 2012-02-22, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
This is Basti's trademarked official question thread. It's a bit different.
Old 2012-02-22, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DayOne
Captain

I was thinking you could just read the other one, but okay.

I wish to know everything about ES 'nades!
Old 2012-02-22, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Sniper rifle:
  • Names of all 3
  • Attachments
  • Zooming type (none/mousebutton/mousewheel)
  • Shot velocity
  • Drop distance
  • Max effective range
  • Method of aiming (cof/recoil)
  • Balance issues between singleshot anti-sniper and semi-auto noobgun
  • Effectiveness against maxes
  • Which vehicles' glass can be penetrated
  • VS sniper rifle specifics
  • Movement firing
  • Marksman class specifics and customisation details
  • Sniper item-shop items

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-22, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

/BUMP

for this goddamn thread is far more interesting than all your blabbering about deleting accounts, SOE not caring, slavery and racism.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-22, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Do Knifes 1shot? Do we have to equip/select them first? And do they have Secondary Functions like PS1?
Also: Will there be Non Empire Specific knives/Melee we can equip? Like the Fusion Blade from PS1?

Last edited by Metalsheep; 2012-02-22 at 06:16 PM.
Old 2012-02-22, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ThGlump
Captain

How we keep our weapons loaded: ammo refilling, ammo sharing.
Old 2012-02-22, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Johari
Staff Sergeant

I'd like to know:
-What's status of the Vanu MAX special ability right now?
-Are the VS MAX weapons still Quasar, Comet, Starfire and if so do they function the same?
-Is the Lancer still a charge-shot direct fire weapon? (I hope so)
-Does the Vanu HA's Lasher (if it still is called that) still have the lash effect?
-Any brand new weapons? Commonpool or otherwise.
-What are the training times like to start out with and how high do they go? If it's somewhat similar to EVE I'm expection minutes to months
-The other ES sniper rifles, shotguns, and whatever else we haven't seen.

Last edited by Johari; 2012-02-22 at 07:13 PM.
Old 2012-02-22, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mordicant
Sergeant

What variants can each class use? I.e. can a medic use smg, sweeper, etc.
Old 2012-02-23, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Canaris
Contributor
General

How are you going to balance the TR's weapon speed vs accuracy, one problem from the original PS was that the TR Empire ability could fire rapidly at a target but with the bloom of the Cone of Fire the bullets would go ever which way instead of at the intended target.

On the math of the Time To Kill it was balanced on paper but that balance went out the window very quickly in combat situations.

All the speed in the world is useless if your gun can't hit the side of a planet.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-02-23, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

1. TwoThreeSix said that while VS Engineers don't get the Assault version of the Pulsar, they do get a Carbine version. What will the differences be between these two variations of the Pulsar? (and presumably, equivalents for TR and NC Engineers).

2. What are some non-weapon attachments that one can put on the Pulsar Carbine? For instance, a Darklight Reflex Sight? A Target-Designator that paints targets for teammates?

3. How many hardpoints are on primary weapons (ie Assault Rifles, Carbines, Shotguns, etc)? Ie- how many attachments can we have on each weapon? Will there be upgrades/sidegrades to allow for more, such as a weapon starting with two attachments but being unlockable up to four, etc?

4. In Planetside 1, engaging a MAX with anti-infantry weapons was basically useless (in a good way; a MAX was a walking vehicle). Since things like TTK have changed, will MAXes be in danger from infantry weapons, or will we need to use CE and anti-armor weapons to take them down (like in PS1)?

5. Will Melee be a fourth category of slottable weapons for a MAX, such as Vanu energy sabers and TR chainblades, or will MAXes have a standard, generic melee attack?

6. What are some Empire-Specific explosives that the Vanu Engineer will get?

~Zachariah

Last edited by LZachariah; 2012-02-23 at 07:41 AM.
Old 2012-02-23, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Some questions (in no real order):

1) The flamethrower that Tramell posted on twitter not long ago, is it for MAXs? Because I can't see how a regular soldier can use it.
2) WHERE IS MY TR KNIFE?!?!?!
3) What kind of grenades will we be seeing?
a) Will Jammers be coming back?
b) What kind of fun new types are there?
4) Will each faction have its own shotgun now that the Sweeper is NC only?
5) Any chance of a reveal (or at least some details!) on the TR/VS sniper rifles?
6) Assuming the Flamethrower up in question #1 is infact a MAX weapon, will we be seeing other NS weapons for them?
7) Matt tweeted 3 images a while back of some turrets on a base wall, few questions on those:
a) Will there be empire specific weapons for these turrets?
b) Are these the only commonpool weapons for them, or are there others not yet shown off?
8) Not really a weapon, but what kind of tools will Medics be getting? Mainly how will they be healing others?
9) Word on any fun Engineering deployables (shields, gun turrets, etc)?
10) Will sidearms be customizable? The screenshot of the Engineer loadout didn't show any modifications on it.
11) C4 has been mentioned several times, are these the new Boomers or is it separate from them?
a) What classes can use C4/Boomers
12) Do MAXs have melee weapons? It was mentioned they have a charge... MAXKnight please!
13) What kind of weapons can infiltrators use beside sniper rifles?

I'll think up more later.

Last edited by BigBossMonkey; 2012-02-24 at 12:15 PM.
Old 2012-02-23, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Come on folks, i know u have more!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion