Heavy Assaults not Heavy Enough? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't pull that pin.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-12, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Steambot
Private

Heavy Assaults not Heavy Enough?

First of all, I'm LOVING the beta so far. Looking forward to further updates and eventual release. However, I'm having problems with the Heavy Assault, my favorite class.

This may or may not be me just not being a good player, but it seems as if I'm dying far too quickly. I'll be shot for three seconds, with overshield on, and full nano-weave armor certifications, and die? Is that normal? It just seems a tad fast to me.
Old 2012-09-12, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Looopy
Private

Re: Heavy Assaults not Heavy Enough?

playing tr by chance? the gun spray is totally f'ed right now
Old 2012-09-12, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Conq
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, it's very hard to play a TR HA, the recoil is uncontrollable and burst fire is just too weak, The survivabillity is piss poor, getting one shot by bolt drivers is just silly.

TTK in general is just to fast, it doesn't matter that we have way better defense than other classes, surviving twice as long just means we'll die in one second instead of a half second. Medics are a FAR better Assault class atm, the only edge we have is the SKEP and at the rate people whine about it, I'm expecting a nerf any day.

Last edited by Conq; 2012-09-12 at 05:13 PM.
Old 2012-09-12, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

"A tradition of whining"

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-09-12, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sifer2
Major

I have not played Beta in like 2 weeks or so. But from what I remember all Infantry class have the same health/shields. Even Infiltrators. HA only advantage is their activated shield thing but it doesn't do much from what I have seen. So yes currently the only class with any survivability is MAX. I hate to say it seems like they are trying to Call of Duty the game but it definitely feels like it with how fast even HA goes down. Infantry combat is very much who sees who first wins. And if both see each other at same time its down to lag who's shot register first the person near instant dies.

Since my FPS is crappy in big fights I had been pretty much exclusively playing MAX to compensate. Games that are that fast require butter smooth FPS/latency or its unplayable to me.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
HorizonBound
Private

I play HA almost exclusively (i'm TR), and I have to say, it's not that bad. I'll typically win against anything other than another HA (unless Ihave the positioning advantage), but it IS a hard weapon to use. In order to truly be effective, you need to to cert into it, with your fist purchace being a scope, and learning to handle the recoil with that. The next thing is the Foward Grip, which is a MUST. It is expensive, but it makes you much more effective in combat than anything else.
I like to use the Laser 4x scope (it's the same thing as the 4x scope At The Moment, but it just sounds cooler) as it helps me scout things out a bit easier, allowing me to plan a bit better and to get a much cleaner shot in all areas and ranges than the reflex sight.

The NC HMG almost always gets the better of me though, because they generally have a higher DPS than either the TR or VS HMGs at their effective ranges.

It's not a bad weapon, it just takes a lot of skill to use, though the TR HMG could tone down the spread, even with the grip down a bit.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

yeah, they seem a bit flimsy at the moment. I'd like to see their health/shields buffed a bit and a speed buff given to the lighter classes to compensate. This would bring the light assault's run speed more in line with other modern shooters.

Last edited by CrystalViolet; 2012-09-12 at 07:36 PM.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shotokanguy
Corporal

NC heavy assault has to be worse than TR.

That Gauss LMG is damn near useless at any sort of range. What I would give for PS1's Gauss rifle, or even a Jackhammer. If I have to fight at close range, at least I'll be killing everything.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raka Maru
Major

Something changed since a few weeks ago I think. Now fighting toe to toe with LA while I am HA means I die. May be shield, but don't know if it's the LMG.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Steambot
Private

I've been playing NC heavy assault exclusively for the most part. The problem isn't that I don't hit anything, that's just down to my bad aim, the problem is that it seems as if the overshield doesn't DO anything. I don't want to sound too whiny, but that just seems like a small problem.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
yeah, they seem a bit flimsy at the moment. I'd like to see their health/shields buffed a bit and a speed buff given to the lighter classes to compensate. This would bring the light assault's run speed more in line with other modern shooters.
There is allot of certifications that are locked at the moment for the HA that will do just this.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2012-09-12 at 09:14 PM.
Old 2012-09-12, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Enderlance
Private

i have nano armor 4 and i still lose to light assaults due to heavy amounts of recoil and such little damage on the HMG for TR
Old 2012-09-12, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Enderlance View Post
i have nano armor 4 and i still lose to light assaults due to heavy amounts of recoil and such little damage on the HMG for TR
Read the description of Nanite Mesh Generators certifications. All those are locked right now but they will up your survivability allot when they are enabled in game.

However I some times wonder if damage in this game gets buged. I came up the stairs at some outpost and a VS HA was camping the corner that is above and behind the stares so he just killed me of course. However I only heard 1 bullet being fired and I swear I had full HP and shield. Maybe there was some lag isues there either by the sound or something else. And no it was not a sniper. I know how they look....

Last edited by Sunrock; 2012-09-12 at 10:33 PM.
Old 2012-09-12, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Read the description of Nanite Mesh Generators certifications. All those are locked right now but they will up your survivability allot when they are enabled in game.
HA getting killed regularly by LA that don't have these things unlocked either does not seem right. It was ok a few weeks ago. I even have my front grip.

I haven't tested this yet, but does the flash suppressor decrease my damage significantly?
Old 2012-09-12, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
HA getting killed regularly by LA that don't have these things unlocked either does not seem right. It was ok a few weeks ago. I even have my front grip.
I don't understand. Are you saying that only way for LA to kill a HA is if he fires hit with 10-15 bullets before the HA even reacts? That is if the HA does not have any certifications? As I assume you mean "HA getting killed regularly by LA" means a 1 Vs 1 fight where both start to fire at the same time and stands still during the entire fire fight.

Well my experience from have played quite allot of LA and HA is that HA have a slight advantage over LA in a strait fire fight as described above. However the advantage is more like 2-3 bullets less in favor for the HA not 10-15.

But as the LA can use the jet packs at the same fight as he is fire I have notice that flying up a bit during the fight makes it easier to kill other infantry units. For some reason allot of players are unable to aim high Are you sure this is not what is happening?

Last edited by Sunrock; 2012-09-12 at 10:49 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion