ProSieben Sat 1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Inducing seizures since 2000000000003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-20, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info
ProSieben Sat 1

So I've been hanging out on the Steam Chat room since the game went live, answering questions and trying to explain the game to people while they download. Everything was going great until the European community joined in rage over this ProSieben Sat 1 thing. Apparently, none of them can get into the game without creating an account with ProSieben Sat 1 (i guess). Does anyone have any clarification on this? I've tweeted smed, who I think is sleeping, and been following up on the ps2 forums with no progress

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-11-20, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
BlueSmiley
Private

Re: ProSieben Sat 1

That's correct. New European players can't play without a Prosiebensat 1 account.
However, people who have played in the beta can choose. Ex-beta players are able to keep their SOE account and they can download the game from planetside2.com. (I did it myself, so i'm sure) New guys need to go to planetside2.eu.

Last edited by BlueSmiley; 2012-11-20 at 03:19 PM.
Old 2012-11-20, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I got this message from one of the guys in chat.

Areo Hotah: We have detected that your SOE Station Account is configured for ProSieben Sat. 1 Games PlanetSide 2 access. To play PlanetSide 2, please click here to create your ProSieben Sat. 1 Games account. Please click the "Download games" button available from the ProSieben Sat. 1 Games PlanetSide 2 website to download the correct Launchpad.
At the moment, however, it is looking like the ProSieben server is coming online and a few people are finding success. Maybe it is a traffic volume thing.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-11-20, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kinan
Private

ok, for someone in the UK, currently having downloaded for 3.5 hours and having played beta can I use my SOE vet, premium and alpha account on the steam version or do I have to stop the steam download and start again with the US version?
Old 2012-11-20, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

I have been playing beta, just downloaded the client (via steam) and had no mention of Pro7 whatsoever (being in EU of course). Could play with my soe account just fine. But could only try for a short session, I'm on the road (tracks) now.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2012-11-20 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2012-11-20, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kinan
Private

Thanks for the reply, only 10 minutes left then maybe I can squeeze a couple of hours in before bed.
Old 2012-11-20, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stormhall

I earned a key in closed beta and installed Planetside 2 but I had the obvious game error because my computer couldn't run it so I didn't PLAY in beta but I was in beta so does that mean I still need a ProSieben Sat 1 account?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion