Faction performance on release - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Open away from face
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-21, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Figment
Lieutenant General

Faction performance on release

So, only played Miller yesterday and was wondering if the same thing happened elsewhere.

NC were - of course due to being in the glorious warpgate double team positions since late beta - double teamed to less than 25% of the map on all three continents consistently. Of course the double teaming is expected in a game that relies this much on uncoordinated zerging with all zerg routes leading straight to the NC.

However, the heavier recoil thing for NC seems to be a big contributing factor as well. It was a much heard complaint on TS that TR weapons in particular were ridiculously accurate in comparison. To the point it was hard to compete at all even if you got the drop on someone from behind (particularly the TR medic was cursed at a lot if it would turn around and two-three headshot you instantly). This made it very hard to regain ground. I mean for the Gauss Saw to hit anything at 20m distance, I have to pretty much fire one round at a time.

Now there was some groaning about TR weapons being too accurate during tech test already, but then at least NC had grips and vertical stabilizers available on most guns and it was more incidental complaints than a constant growl of frustration. Several of these stabilisers seem to have been removed and I can't say it improves the gun handling.

I'm not one to dabble with gun balance details much, but I'm under the impression NC's recoil should be reduced by a few percent or at least that the recoil should not be as severe for the initial burst (but gradually get worse if you don't control your rate of fire, rather than getting worse linearly) in order to be truly on par. Or that TR's accuracy needs to be reduced a bit.

Thoughts?
Old 2012-11-21, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Re: Faction performance on release

was on miller also as NC and we where getting rolled hard on all continents. i also noticed a lot of people doing nothing in warp gates and also noticed the higher recoil which is too high. needs toning down a little while TR should be higher as they fire bullets like they are going out of fashion. even controlled bursts dont help with recoil, which it should.
we have to control fire while TR and VS let rip with a full round in you on target. this is one thing that annoys me a little.
bar that NC need to pull their finger out.
Old 2012-11-21, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

I'm sure people stand around in warpgates on all factions, general empire player behaviour won't differ over these numbers. It's not like one faction has more or a different command structure than the other.
Old 2012-11-21, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

Hmmm I feel like my NC guns are great. Gauss SAW fires slow as balls and hits hard, I was doings amazing at all distances up until when I tried to hip fire. Give it time, you got to really lead em now even more than in beta I feel. We had 20-30 outfit members on all night in Connery, didn't pay attention to other conts but we helped NC push out of Amerish warpgate and on to hold about 35-40% of the cont.
Old 2012-11-21, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Didn't have a problem with my guns.

I did have a problem that my LA jet stopped working halfway through the evening. And we were getting gang banged on two sides most of the time.

Old 2012-11-21, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Beerbeer
Major

I'm not going to comment on empire performance, but I did notice the map peculiarity in regards to empire warp gate placement.

Since there are only three empires--and the maps are more or less square--if the warp gates are placed in the corners (which they are for the most part) one empire will always be sandwiched between the other two, meaning the empty corner will be closer to the non-sandwiched warp gates.

Just an unfortunate circumstance that the NC happens to be that one unlucky empire to have their warp gate in between the two others, so to speak, on all of the continents.

Whoever is sandwiched is going to get double teamed more often than not, while the other two empires have half the map to venture out into (the empty corner) without nearing another empire's warp gate.

I'm curious why they didn't alternate this more in regards to which empires are closer to that empty corner on different continents.
Old 2012-11-21, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bjorntju1
Captain

I am not a fan of the high recoil on NC weapons at all. The times when I was playing TR in the beta I was doing much better because their guns are accurate as shit compared to the NC weapons. Didn't feel any different in the full game.
Old 2012-11-21, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I think almost no one is a fan of NC weapons and their recoil.

NC in inherently the most popular faction by nature of its "lore" but I think the word is out on just how unfriendly the weapons are are so I dont expect high NC pops.
Old 2012-11-21, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

NC weapons require the most skill but also have the greatest reward for having said skill.
Old 2012-11-21, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Qwan
Captain

I have to agree with Frotang even though Ive dabbled in NC a couple of time, when a NC hits you, your kids feel it. I dont know what happened on Miller last night in your eyes Figment but there was a three way battle going on at the Tawrich tech plant next to the NC warp gate (on INDAR). We (the VS) were getting hit hard from both sides. TR on one and NC on the other. The TR were beasts, the NC it just didnt seem you guys were getting enough people to the fight. You guys were hitting us in small groups. I mean I would come out the north side of the plant and the TR were swarming over the hills like ants. The NC I mean you guys had to come threw a bottle neck to get to the plant but there just werent enough of you guys. The fight lasted like 2 hrs untill VS forces from up north finally came down to rienforce. But we were right by the NC warp gate it was like you guys didnt wanna come out. I saw lots of vehicles but you guys werent coming out to the fight.

Last edited by Qwan; 2012-11-21 at 10:53 AM.
Old 2012-11-21, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont think its true that NC are the most rewarding if you have the skills - at least not on the majority of weapons.

I guess the idea here is that if you can consistently snap shoot a youre first 3 shots into the head then NC are best.
If thats the case why offer anything besides burst weapons?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion