Sunderer Ammo dispenser - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude... Where's my Harasser?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-26, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
wutzibu
Private

Sunderer Ammo dispenser

I recently got the Ammo dispenser addon for my Sunderer. Since then i have a few issues with it.

Not only is it a giant "Hey i am here hit me!"-sign, which is okay, but i m not sure if it even works properly. The only thing i can say for sure: it refills Ammo for squadmates and i get xp for that.

Here are a few of my unanswered questions:

Do others get Ammo when they drive next to me? Why am i not getting any ressources?

Does everyone next to me get Ammo or only 1 at a time?

Would 2 Sunderers with the Upgrade refill each other? Doair vehicles get refilled if they land next to me?

i know i dont have to be deployed to give my squadmembers ammo, is it the same with non squadmembers, platoon members?

why the heck cant the sunderer refill his own ammo? (of course balance issues but just ask about the logic behind it)

i looked into the wiki but the information about that is very spartanic...
Old 2012-11-26, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Beerbeer
Major

Re: Sunderer Ammo dispenser

You can't refill your own sunderer, but you can refill yours from another ammo dispensing sunderer.

Others do get ammo when they drive by, but they have to be within a certain radius from your sunderer depending on how many levels you have in that skill. The first level has a small radius and they have to be almost right next to yours. And, it takes time to refill ammo, it doesn't spill over all at once.

Everyone within that radius gets ammo

Doesn't matter if they are in your squad or not, everyone in your empire can get ammo.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-11-26 at 06:13 PM.
Old 2012-11-26, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

Sorry, double post.
Old 2012-11-26, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
wutzibu
Private

Thanks for the answers, soem of the things i realized already, but the xp thing still bugged me. Is there a Reason why i dotn get xp for resupplying not-squad-members?
Old 2012-11-26, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Beerbeer
Major

You should get experience resupplying all vehicles. Some vehicles might not need ammo (already full) and you won't supply them, so no experience.
Old 2012-11-26, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

You should get xp for resupplying.

The sign itself is only visible for your faction. In beta the glow it gave off was visible for everyone though, not sure if they fixed this.

Two ammo sundys should resupply each other.

The sunderer doesn't need to be deployed to disperse ammo.

You cannot refill your own ammo for the same reason you cannot heal yourself with your medgun or resupply yourself with your own ammo pack (I.e.: magic, err, science).

Hope that helped.
Old 2012-11-26, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
wutzibu
Private

Thank you all for the Information, seems like i have to report a bug, i ponly recieved xp points for resupplying allies. i drove with a lot of tanks and they shot their main guns while standing next to me and thanked me or beeing there in proximity voice and i did'nt get any experience.

I was kinda worried that it wasn't a bug but a feature^^
Old 2012-11-26, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

I wonder if there's a bug with Sundy XP in general. I have had occasions where I deploy and the +2s are just flying up the screen, then they suddenly stop. I figured someone else deployed and got all my spawns, but when I went back to my Sundy, there were still dudes pouring out of it. About 5 mins later, the +2s started showing up again. Maybe that effect trickles over into the ammo XP as well.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2012-11-26 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2012-11-26, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
The sign itself is only visible for your faction. In beta the glow it gave off was visible for everyone though, not sure if they fixed this.
I've noticed that if I'm close enough that I can see the ammo sign above enemy Sundys. Not even that close really but it's usually only after I've spotted them from the air anyway.

Old 2012-11-26, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Beerbeer
Major

Slighty off topic, but lol, I hate the ammo sign on my sunderer if I have to shoot through it. Obstructs my view.
Old 2012-11-26, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Devs implemented a 'fix' to keep people from cheating to get xp. Problem is it screws those of us who play it straight. Xp stops flowing long before I stop manning my sunderer in large battles.
Old 2012-11-26, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Raka Maru
Major

As a correction to some of the above posts, medics can heal themselves and engies can use their own ammo.

I noticed during lag times, the server doesn't give XP for resupply and seems to be bugged. Then after about a minute or whenever, resupply works again.

I guess they are still working out issues.

What REALLY bugs me is the big hologram that blocks my gunner view. Made me accidentally shoot friendlies.

I wish they would fix that, as well as hide the sign from enemies.

DEVS please FIX!!!

Thanks

Last edited by Raka Maru; 2012-11-26 at 09:39 PM.
Old 2012-11-27, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mavvvy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
As a correction to some of the above posts, medics can heal themselves and engies can use their own ammo.

I noticed during lag times, the server doesn't give XP for resupply and seems to be bugged. Then after about a minute or whenever, resupply works again.

I guess they are still working out issues.

What REALLY bugs me is the big hologram that blocks my gunner view. Made me accidentally shoot friendlies.

I wish they would fix that, as well as hide the sign from enemies.

DEVS please FIX!!!

Thanks
Yeah even if they made it tied to the vehicle lights so you could turn it on and off would be fine
Old 2012-11-27, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Fujilives
Private

I'd like to have it show up sort of 'floating' directly behind the sunderer's back door... and this should not be visible to enemies. This way you could still find ammo on your team more easily, but it wouldn't obstruct views as badly nor would it help enemies.
Old 2012-11-27, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Crator
Major General

Why not just make it invisible IF you are sitting inside of the Sundy?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion