Rocket pods need to do HALF as much damage as they do now.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean Planetside isn't real?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-12, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
PredatorFour
Major

Rocket pods need to do HALF as much damage as they do now..

..Then it might actually be balanced against ground units.
Old 2012-12-12, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Rocket pods need to do HALF as much damage as they do now..

My only problem is if an ESF hits my Mag from behind I'm literally instagibbed.

I'd like more than a split second to respond.
Old 2012-12-12, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
PredatorFour
Major

Its funny i have exactly the same problem.
Old 2012-12-12, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

And we all know what problems we have with Bags' Mags.

There's a lot of weaponry that needs to be toned down to get rid of the feeling you lost to the weapon rather than the player wielding it IMO.
Old 2012-12-12, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Miffy
Sergeant

If the AA turrets on the vehicles were useful then it would be fine.

They need to split damage types for the rocket pods to balance them, one for AV and one for AI. Instead all they're doing is decreasing the AOE range but that only impacts infantry, it's easy to hit a vehicle dead on.
Old 2012-12-12, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post

Well you do take allot more damage if your taking it from behind...
Old 2012-12-12, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Archey
Private

They are decreasing the blast radius by 50%, they don't need to decrease damage, that would make rocket pods useless against armor.

Originally Posted by bags View Post
Now you know how prowlers feel against.. anything.
Old 2012-12-12, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Archey View Post
that would make rocket pods useless against armor.
Not really...

You're airborne mate, you can stay well out of their fire arcs angles and somehow you seem to forget you can make multiple passes or fly with wingmen.

"Zomg use teamwork / longer engagement skills?! D:"

Catch my drift?

All this whining about nerfs making something useless when it'd still be extremely powerful makes me think of "mommy they want to take my toys!".

Do you honestly think that since PS1 Reavers didn't kill tanks in just one volley of rocket pods they were useless? Ridiculous! They were the most powerful and flexible AV vehicles in game! "Useless" is a ridiculous statement, because then you don't recognise that agility, immunity to receive fire (hard to hit) and out-angling capacity are significant unit benefits... A certain pilot needs some flight school it seems.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-12-12 at 06:26 AM.
Old 2012-12-12, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Miffy
Sergeant

I find the Mag the hardest to use because the turret is the same as the vehicle movement, so when sitting on a hill it is so hard to aim because the thing is always moving about. Also the Mag seems to struggle going up hills, it just gets stuck on everything and is really annoying. With the Prowler you can go up anything and because the turret is separate from the vehicle movement you can get steady aim and aim in all directions without moving. I've got so many shots onto Galaxies and Libs and even the odd ESF with the Prowler, you just cannot do that with the Mag.

I just think people want everything to play the same and don't play to the strengths and weaknesses of that specific weapon or vehicle. Maybe this is why the developers have made everything so generic and look/play the same. I mean we were attacking a base on Amerish yesterday and every TR followed the path and waited outside the force fields on the doors and got slaughtered. Not one person but be got a Prowler and went over the hill and slaughtered the enemy from above....

I see people following the paths a lot though, so stupid.
Old 2012-12-12, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
PredatorFour
Major

Figments post above was spot on. Instead of blowing up targets in one run/salvo of rockets, reducing the damage would require at least two strafing runs.

It would give AA a better chance of succeeding, which has been talked about alot recently. It would also give me a better chance in my mag of turning around and shooting it outta the sky with my main cannon.
Old 2012-12-12, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Zaik
Private

Engineer hops out, repairs the tank in four or 5 seconds, makes rocket pods completely useless.

Pretty much the exact same thing going on where ESFs taking less than three sources of flak(or 6 if it's single arm MAXes) at a time are pretty much unkillable.

Rather than making the whole system completely useless, it'd probably be better to make it so that it can't just fly right up behind anything in the game without anything being able to stop it.
Old 2012-12-12, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Agree.ESFs need to just Use teamwork / skill and they will still be fine.
Old 2012-12-12, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Zaik View Post
Engineer hops out, repairs the tank in four or 5 seconds, makes rocket pods completely useless.
That's not the problem with rocketpods, EVERYONE suffers from that. ESPECIALLY AA. Tried to take out a Lib that repairs on the other side of a ridge yet?

Repair speed is simply too fast.

Rather than making the whole system completely useless, it'd probably be better to make it so that it can't just fly right up behind anything in the game without anything being able to stop it.
That's kinda what you do by... not making it insta-killing the target it has... Then you can turn around and shoot back...
Old 2012-12-12, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Timey
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post

Heh, try running with a prowler. That thing has such a fat ass, it's so easy to hit at it with anything. Magrider, on the other hand, has such a tiny, tiny ass.
Old 2012-12-12, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Gortha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
I find the Mag the hardest to use because the turret is the same as the vehicle movement, so when sitting on a hill it is so hard to aim because the thing is always moving about. Also the Mag seems to struggle going up hills, it just gets stuck on everything and is really annoying. With the Prowler you can go up anything and because the turret is separate from the vehicle movement you can get steady aim and aim in all directions without moving. I've got so many shots onto Galaxies and Libs and even the odd ESF with the Prowler, you just cannot do that with the Mag.

I just think people want everything to play the same and don't play to the strengths and weaknesses of that specific weapon or vehicle. Maybe this is why the developers have made everything so generic and look/play the same. I mean we were attacking a base on Amerish yesterday and every TR followed the path and waited outside the force fields on the doors and got slaughtered. Not one person but be got a Prowler and went over the hill and slaughtered the enemy from above....

I see people following the paths a lot though, so stupid.
*like*

/qft

@OT

I think so too. Figment is right, A2G Rockets must be nerfed damage wise and need a toned down blast radius.

It is not okay, if one single ESF can kill a MinBattleTank with a few hits of its 14 Rockets per Salvo...

http://z0r.de/1573

Last edited by Gortha; 2012-12-12 at 11:53 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion