My TR character is starting to distance my NC character - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We love to see you smile.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-15, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

My TR character is starting to distance my NC character

At this point, I could care less about balance as I've hedged my bets by playing two characters. But, from a purely observational perspective, my tr character is doing better than my nc character, and I've played them pretty much the same over the last two weeks as I have the same certs across the board.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Beerbeer
Major

Re: My TR character is starting to distance my NC character

I will say this, the prowler and mosquito are better than the vanguard and reaver at farming infantry, bar none.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Haaken
Private

Maybe TR fits your style better...

I asked Str8Dumpin what he thought about this whole "NC is underpowered" debate this is what he said: "Pistol balanced, everything else make people cry."

If you can control the recoil, their weapons are beastly..

And I know, just because Str8 is high ranked, he might not be the all knowing master of balance, but if he does well, it means others' can do good as NC as well.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Beerbeer
Major

Maybe he should play TR to the same rank as his NC. If he has, okay, maybe he has a point and I just do better in TR vehicles than NC vehicles farming infantry. I used shotguns on both sides the last two weeks.

But on the other hand, it honestly could be a statistical anomaly, but I think I played enough on both sides to discredit that. Shrug.

No lightings btw, just mbts and esf, HE and rocket pods.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-12-16 at 12:26 AM.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Haaken View Post
Maybe TR fits your style better...

I asked Str8Dumpin what he thought about this whole "NC is underpowered" debate this is what he said: "Pistol balanced, everything else make people cry."

If you can control the recoil, their weapons are beastly..

And I know, just because Str8 is high ranked, he might not be the all knowing master of balance, but if he does well, it means others' can do good as NC as well.
Just because one player can do well with a faction, does not mean its balanced. A game should be balanced around the average player, as a so called good player will do fine no matter what. And why should anyone care about a players opinion who clearly has no clue how ptfo, kill farming does not take skill.

Last edited by james; 2012-12-16 at 12:29 AM.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Beerbeer
Major

For the record, I'm not very good.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Haaken
Private

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Maybe he should play TR to the same rank as his NC. If he has, okay, maybe he has a point and I just do better in TR vehicles than NC vehicles farming infantry. I used shotguns on both sides the last two weeks.

But on the other hand, it honestly could be a statistical anomaly, but I think I played enough on both sides to discredit that. Shrug.

No lightings btw, just mbts and esf, HE and rocket pods.
Yes, you could be right, it could be a statistical anomaly, but only SOE knows.

I assume SOE got stats for all factions across all servers, if they see NC losing consistently they'll fix it.

They have as big, if not bigger, interest in making the game fair for everyone.

If they didn't care, they wouldn't make any money.

We can debate balance all day, but it would be based on guesstimates.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Haaken
Private

Originally Posted by james View Post
Just because one player can do well with a faction, does not mean its balanced. A game should be balanced around the average player, as a so called good player will do fine no matter what. And why should anyone care about a players opinion who clearly has no clue how ptfo, kill farming does not take skill.
His opinion has as big value as OP, mine, and yours...

We have no raw data.

edit: and he's just one of many, I see plenty of NC folks on top 100.

Last edited by Haaken; 2012-12-16 at 12:33 AM.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah, it's just interesting to me.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Haaken View Post
His opinion has as big value as OP, mine, and yours...

We have no raw data.

edit: and he's just one of many, I see plenty of NC folks on top 100.

Since when does leader boards mean anything. It only means the player has no life, and knows how to farm, thats it.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Haaken
Private

Originally Posted by james View Post
Since when does leader boards mean anything. It only means the player has no life, and knows how to farm, thats it.
Hmm, what's with the attitude? Slingin' insults has nothing to do with the topic.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Beerbeer
Major

Str is VERY good, I remember him from PS1. His opinion matters, if nothing more than simply from the fact the he probably plays a lot.
Old 2012-12-16, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sunrock
Major

I will say this, the prowler and mosquito are better than the vanguard and reaver at farming infantry, bar none.
True... But the prowler sucks against any vehicle that fires back at them... Sure I have won 1 vs 1 fights against Vanguards. But only because the vanguard driver where less skilled then me.
Old 2012-12-16, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

I also have two characters, and I'm also not very good.

I worked out my rate of certs/hour and my Vanu has progressed around 48% faster than my NC. That's with broadly similar playstyle across both - mainly infantry/Engineer, little to no farming, ESFs but not much time in any other vehicles.

*shrugs* make of it what you will.

*edit* that percentage is from memory, and may be wrong.....it was 'somewhere around 50%' when I checked it, which was a few days ago......

Last edited by Juryrig; 2012-12-16 at 04:04 AM.
Old 2012-12-16, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sifer2
Major

The Prowler yes but how is the Mosquito better at farming Infantry? I know it's rocket pod has like 2 extra rockets in it but that hardly matters. Especially since the update made direct hits more important. Yes the Prowler is good for farming Infantry cause of the double shot but it pays for that by being inferior in every other category that matters. Terrible special ability, worse secondary turrets, and in general the poorest at fighting tank vs tank unless you right in a Magriders face.

As for why TR may be better in this game than NC I believe someone has figured that out on official forums. It's the fact that every time you get shot it throws off your aim. So when a TR is turning you into swiss cheese with the high firing rate your unable to really return fire. Which completely kills NC's advantage of more damage per shot. However keep in mind that the VS fire almost exactly as fast as TR as well as being more accurate at a distance. Which is why IMO the VS are really the strongest faction in this game especially since their Tank is also amazing.

This is why I think the recent buffs they made to NC, and nerfs to TR were unnecessary especially since the changes they made don't address the real issue which is aim being thrown off when your being shot.

Last edited by Sifer2; 2012-12-16 at 05:15 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion