Dear Sony: Meta Game After Base Fix - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remember - it's adopt a noob month!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-14, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

Dear Sony: Meta Game After Base Fix

After you fix the bases, please concentrate on a meta game. Bring back the lattice system and LLU. Continental lock. Who knows, I don't have any good ideas, but those were really fun.

A continental lock system may prevent the need to merge servers, I don't know.

Add buggies with no driver guns and no god damn HE guns.

But remember: Fix bases, towers and buff outposts first!
Old 2013-01-14, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rockit
Banned

Re: Dear Sony: Meta Game After Base Fix

Yes buggies please. Increase tank cost and fill gap between them and the ATV's will provide mobility and decrease heavy gun spam at same time.
Old 2013-01-14, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

Then Sony, sell your children and get an American TV spot and advertise like hell.

Actually, add a good newbie tutorial first.

And yes, buggies should be the next vehicle added IMO. Maybe it would cut down on the over abundance of tanks and provide good targets for tanks as well; convince them to unload the he and go back to heat.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2013-01-14 at 07:10 PM.
Old 2013-01-14, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Maybe an anti air buggy. That would be so cool. Call it the "Air Defender" or something like that. I don't know, work on the name maybe.
Old 2013-01-14, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Beerbeer
Major

There you go, good idea.
Old 2013-01-14, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Just saw the lattice system for my first time. I can see why you PS1 vets are pissed now to be honest. I watched some gameplay of planetside one and it seemed like the graphics didn't even matter. It seemed much more simple, yet much more deep, than the current game. And much more cool. I feel like they just need to stop overcomplicating things in PS2.
Old 2013-01-14, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rockit
Banned

Some are pissed, I am just disappointed. They should have learned things from being 10 years of an MMOFPS developer and applied them to this game better.

EDIT: Well I better back up on that. PS1 was abandoned by developers like say after 5 years or so but still...

Last edited by Rockit; 2013-01-14 at 08:04 PM.
Old 2013-01-14, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Well it looked fun. I feel like our current system is over-thought. And I also noticed that continents in planetside 1 have unique shapes. I don't see why they wouldn't implement that in this game.
Old 2013-01-14, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
Well it looked fun. I feel like our current system is over-thought. And I also noticed that continents in planetside 1 have unique shapes. I don't see why they wouldn't implement that in this game.
The hex system is why. The devs wanted to max out playable space for the hex system and that lead to square maps as well as not being able to fly over the waters to a degree.
Old 2013-01-14, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

I hope they add water in all the continent and have the nightmare of a bridge fight again, from PS1. I remember those days. I only played the original PS1 and never played any of the expansion. So I'm sure I am missing out on a lot.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rockit
Banned

They have backed themselves into a corner with the requirement to have 2000 on a cont and an engine that can't handle near that many in the same near vicinity. A lattice like PS1 would force some serious performance issues (yeah it can get worse than now). I don't know an easy solution to this. Maybe regionalize conts or god forbid lower the pop max? Make an underground area on the conts interconnected by tunnels with underground bases (gasp Core Combat)? Would be a separate region on (under) cont but count towards overall total and affect above ground play by cutting resources? CC could have been great if done well. Hell I don't know. I'm sure they'll come up with something.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Beerbeer
Major

It all depends on how they build that lattice system.

There's always going to be multiple avenues of attack, which means that people will try and divert, flank, whatever, but at least it won't be nearly as diluted as it is now where everyone can go anywhere for the most part.

The hex system on indar allows, for example, up to ten bases/outposts to be attacked (provided you're not warp gate) spread out out everywhere.
Old 2013-01-15, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Since the square maps have just been mentioned again;

There is something about the maps that really, really pisses me off: The boundaries. Instead of proper continents we got these stupid battlefield-like boundaries ("You are leaving the battlefield, etc.") which not only completely ruin immersion for no good reason at all, but in combination with the piss poor continent design also results in horrible crap like outposts being half "out of bounds", or death-traps for vehicles near the border.

That mechanic really is a joke imo, it ruins immersion and playing experience at the same time. And with proper mapping it would be completely unnecessary.

I know chances are slim (read: zero) that they will redesign the whole maps, but should they want to look into things that ruin the "mmo" feel and make PS2 feel like your average, bland lobby shooter (instead of what it should be), this would be a major contributing factor.

That and ofc the silly shaped square maps that scream "look mommy i made my first map with the unrealed".
Old 2013-01-15, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
SeraphC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
That and ofc the silly shaped square maps that scream "look mommy i made my first map with the unrealed".
This really ticks me off too. If they'd made them an irregular shape they wouldn't have had the boundary problem either. They could have just put a boundary box around them that would hang over the see. Hardly anyone would notice.
Old 2013-01-15, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ironside
Corporal

while everyone is waving magic wands tell em to sort the fecking infantry render distance, its a joke
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion