Is the small things that make me hate this game so much. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spoons > kittens
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-25, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Is the small things that make me hate this game so much.

So I quit this game for like a week or 2 I think...

I was tired of the same old stalemates in the same old Tialloy/Crown, in the same exact spots.

Today I join in, about to have some fun killing somebody...I get the flashing seizure bug.

I rage quit after that BS....Regain some composure and decide to join in again.

I spawn at the warpage...sadly my instant action has already been used(They should seriously fix that, if I Disconnect, I should spawn close if I reconnect quickly), so I get my mosquito to get to the action.....

About to kill some soldiers with rockets or at least hurt them....My FPS drop to super slow motion, I guess 1-2 fps...I crash and die.

I rage quit for real.

Now I know, it was probably just badluck but this seems to happen in this game a lot....Is kind of hard to not get mad when you know that seizure bug has been since beta, yet nothing has been done.

Anyways I might quit for another week, or once they figure out how to make fights not be stalemates on Crown/Tialloy

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2013-02-25 at 03:25 AM.
Old 2013-02-25, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ironside
Corporal

Re: Is the small things that make me hate this game so much.

i still get the flashing bug and with every "optimization" i lose performance, game ran best for me pre GU01
Old 2013-02-25, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

As much as I'd like to help you, I dont get any flashing seizure bug types and dont have FPS drops to 1-2 so what hardware are you using ? a Potato ?

List your specs and we can maybe decipher what's up
Old 2013-02-25, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

I had a great time tonight while attempting to snipe with 10 to 15 FPS. I'm also in the "about to shoot at something while flying a mossy, NO FRAMES PER SECOND, crash into something" boat. Awesome to get a good 65-70 FPS when flying around doing nothing on Esamir though.

Anyhow, I feel ya man. Blatant hackers I have enough with, on top of all the things that plain don't function properly. It's really hard to enjoy the game... I shouldn't have to try and enjoy it, right?

I think I'm done for a few months as well. Hopefully they'll get those account wide purchases completed by then.
Old 2013-02-25, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
As much as I'd like to help you, I dont get any flashing seizure bug types and dont have FPS drops to 1-2 so what hardware are you using ? a Potato ?

List your specs and we can maybe decipher what's up
Q6600 3.0 ghz...470 GTX...4gb DDR2 Ram....Windows 7 64 bit.

Not the greatest computer but I can still run Crysis 2 at highest Settings....I really doubt is my PC fault.

Is just the Developers failing to fix the game, a lot of people have complained about the flashing seizure bug.
Old 2013-02-25, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
I had a great time tonight while attempting to snipe with 10 to 15 FPS. I'm also in the "about to shoot at something while flying a mossy, NO FRAMES PER SECOND, crash into something" boat. Awesome to get a good 65-70 FPS when flying around doing nothing on Esamir though.

Anyhow, I feel ya man. Blatant hackers I have enough with, on top of all the things that plain don't function properly. It's really hard to enjoy the game... I shouldn't have to try and enjoy it, right?

I think I'm done for a few months as well. Hopefully they'll get those account wide purchases completed by then.
Yeah that exactly what happened when I was flying....Everything was smooth, then I see some enemies, about to engage, drops to 1 -2 fps....So anoying.

This game is just so Frustrating.

i still get the flashing bug and with every "optimization" i lose performance, game ran best for me pre GU01
I think my game ran better in Beta.
Old 2013-02-25, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

It's your CPU.

Crysis doesnt rely on the CPU as much as the graphics card, whilst PS2 relies heavily on the CPU to work out where everyone is and where their bullets are going.

Hence, whenever you "see" enemies, your FPS tanks.

I have heard an i5 2500 (K or not) is like an unspoken minimum to run the game without any major issues. Gleam from that what you will.
Old 2013-02-25, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
yonman
Corporal

I run on an i3 & 560ti, no FPS problems here. I do get the flashing scenery bug every once in a while though.
FPS is a real fun-deciding factor in this game. I definitely had worse player performance and a worse experience before I upgraded my machine.

Last edited by yonman; 2013-02-25 at 05:02 AM.
Old 2013-02-25, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
It's your CPU.

Crysis doesnt rely on the CPU as much as the graphics card, whilst PS2 relies heavily on the CPU to work out where everyone is and where their bullets are going.

Hence, whenever you "see" enemies, your FPS tanks.

I have heard an i5 2500 (K or not) is like an unspoken minimum to run the game without any major issues. Gleam from that what you will.
No.

I been playing this for a long time, I have seen a lot of enemies at once, the FPS doesn't sink....use to run good in beta.

Is just the game is inconsistent...Might have to do something with the planes.

I run this game on low, except for graphic quality I think which is meduim.

My CPU isn't that great but is not horrible enough to blame all the ps2 bugs on it.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Qwan
Captain

Im running AMD 890 fx, got a 7850 2G, DDR5 vid card, win 7 64bit, I still get the blinky bug, but I usually stand still for about 1 min and it goes away. My frame rate doesnt drop though at all in big battles.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I have a q6600 @2.4 ghz and I no longer get the blinking bug, zero fps, or random crashing. All I did was find the absolute lowest settings for the game, ultra low. The largest gain I got was when i reduced the screen resolution to its lowest setting. This seemed to do wonders for my game. Before when I had it set on a more normal screen resolution I had all the bugs and horrible fps.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mietz
First Sergeant

I'm Glad You Mad.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I'm running PS2 on a fairly modest PC: i3, 550ti, 4MB RAM. The only time that I get FPS drops that I attribute to hardware limitations are when there are a huge amount of vehicles about, or when the action is really insane, and even then it only drops from my usual 50 ish to around 20 FPS.

I do from time to time suffer drops to 1-2 FPs, most noticeably immediately after login, or when my family are using my bandwidth heavily (son on Youtube, daughter on skype, whatever). And the flickering blank screen of death, and other random stoppages usually occur when others are on line too.

When I go to Task Manager I see "Planetside 2 - SHIPPING". So I think that a lot of the problems are due to limitations in my broadband; suspect that may be the case for other people too.

Edit - ImGladUmad rage quits

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-02-25 at 07:37 AM.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont hate the game.

I am weary of the crown being a magnet for the majority of the games population in off peak hours.
Old 2013-02-25, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
I'm Glad You Mad.
Yeah, the Irony here is so thick you could could NOT cut it with a chainsaw, that thick.

I don't get nearly as many issues as before, my Framerate is better than ever, and I have no Idea what you're doing wrong.

I also agree with the fact that facing enemy positions will tank everything, HARD. Even facing in the general direction of PRESENCE, such as a major base, will drop me to 2FPS, while I get 30 looking any other direction.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion