For all LAs, especially NC - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So I can just type anything and it will show up here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-04, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
simmi
Private

Question For all LAs, especially NC

Is it just me or...?

It's becoming increasingly harder to get kills with LA now. Before GU07 I used to get around 45 kills/hour avg and on good times 65 kills/hour. After GU07 it went down to 41kill/hour avg. and 55 kills/hour on good times. Now after GU08 I'm down to 37kills/hour avg. and 45kills/hour good times.

The thing is I'm actually a more experienced player now since I started playing in November. I know which places to strike to get the most kills and have a lot more weapons unlocked. My kills should be increasing and not going down. It seems like I die a lot from infiltrators and heavies. They seem to be killing me really really fast now. At medium range combat the heavies can do major damage even though I'm slightly hiding from view and perched on top of some good positions. I get spotted WAY faster now and when they shoot me and I hit JJ they can take down around 70% of my health in a split second before I turn some corner. Sneaking up to people or flying above tanks is MUCH harder. The only time I can securely get a kill is with a shotgun from the back. I can't kill jack **** with my AF-19 merc (the same gun was my ultimate favorite in getting kills at all distances.) This gun can't get kills at ANY distance now short or long. So at short distances I use shotguns and at medium to longer I am starting to use HA more.

I have just been adding more certs to HA now and started playing that a lot more just to get some xp by killing ESFs with my lock ons rocket launchers.

Let me know if this is happening to you too or am I just getting worse at this game? Is my aim getting worse? This has been pissing me off more and more lately. I'm just thinking of quitting this game. Only reason I played this game was because of the versatility of the LA class and how you could maneuver it to go around and get kills. It wasn't an easy class to play, but it was the class where creativity rewarded you greatly. Now since the merger of the servers there are a lot more people that play and you get spotted/killed instantly and don't have much time to get to good places and get some decent kill streaks before you get shot down. Mostly with LA I get killed 3 times and then get to a good place and kill 2-3 people before I die. Before my streaks used to go for 10-15 kills before I died.
Old 2013-05-04, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Re: For all LAs, especially NC

kills should not be the metric of your success
Old 2013-05-04, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

You're facing SMGs and shotguns with a lower TTK than the Merc and often times are more accurate. I have the same issues.
Old 2013-05-04, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

This is a really long-winded post that is really talking about nothing.

I also have no idea why NC would specifically benefit from this wall of text.
Old 2013-05-04, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Other players are just getting better/more experienced in how to counter LA's. There are still plenty of guys that do extremely well with them.

Some examples on Miller

NC https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...44062817/stats

TR https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...36155281/stats

VS https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...40462017/stats

Old 2013-05-04, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Only read some of it but basically:

We can hear your jetpacks now you sneaky fucks.

That is all

Last edited by Ruffdog; 2013-05-04 at 07:27 AM.
Old 2013-05-04, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
This is a really long-winded post that is really talking about nothing.

I also have no idea why NC would specifically benefit from this wall of text.
You seem to be in a bad mood this morning. o.o

As to the OP, I have noticed my k/d going down as a LA and as someone else said K/D shouldn't be what drives your gameplay when you're playing a class who's only job is to kill people it's something good to know.

That being said my K/D has been going down with my LA if general, except in towers fights, we're still the kings there.
Old 2013-05-04, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
You seem to be in a bad mood this morning. o.o
I'm always in a bad mood.

I get in a worse mood when I see idiotic posts.
Old 2013-05-04, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Jetpack noise.

Plus shotguns, shotguns everywhere. The other night fighting NC literally the only weapons I faced were the phoenix/ Guass Saw & Shotguns.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-05-04, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Jetpack noise.

Plus shotguns, shotguns everywhere. The other night fighting NC literally the only weapons I faced were the phoenix/ Guass Saw & Shotguns.
Sounds about right. Just wait until they add in the shotgun pistol

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-04, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
AThreatToYou
Major

Players have become more experienced and situationally aware, so it is significantly more difficult to sit atop a roof and get 15 kills, wherefore your kill amount is limited only by either your ammunition or other LA units that manage to sneak up on you.

I've long since switched to HA because I know that more players are aware of LA units now.

However, if you are still playing your LA, try the AC-X11. Matches dmg/shot of the SAW.
Old 2013-05-04, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

It seems like you're taking the standard fps attitude towards PS2, I really can't explain it further. But you're not even describing any one aspect, accuracy, recoil, speed, anything specific. You're giving us a generalized narration of your play session and it seems like you'd blame the patch just because you're not doing so hot. :/
Originally Posted by simmi View Post
am I just getting worse at this game? Is my aim getting worse?
How could we know from this post? lol
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion