STLYoungblood/DrankTHEKoolaid: Duality - Dev Team AMA Discussion! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best place to buy a can of WoopAss
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-05, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
STLYoungblood
Corporal

STLYoungblood/DrankTHEKoolaid: Duality - Dev Team AMA Discussion!

Old 2013-12-05, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: STLYoungblood/DrankTHEKoolaid: Duality - Dev Team AMA Discussion!

Moved this into the discussion forum so people can add their opinions.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-12-05, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Oh hey STL/Koolaid.

I've kept both your channels featured on mine for a long time.
Old 2013-12-05, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

uhhhh - I think they did mention the new ANT on the reddit thing.
Old 2013-12-06, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Chewy
Major

I'll just copy what I posted on the YT comments. I should be already asleep as it is.

About the NC under-performing part. (Long post, but it's a lot of small things adding up that made NC like it is)

It isn't that NC doesn't have good gear. It's that NC gear is inflexible while TR and VS gear is. And that limits what one can do. Some examples, shotguns V other weapon types.

Enforcer Modified is suppose to compare to the PPA and Marauder. The EM is useable, even a crap weapon does damage, but not in any way is it something that can stand a chance to either of the 2 other weapons.

MAX AI weapons. NC MAXes have shotguns while both TR and VS MAXes have HMGs. Shotguns have a very limited area they can be used in while HMGs can be used anywhere. Yes NC MAXes do raw damage, but put them in any fight that isn't in their face then that MAX just can't do its job. Slugs are just not up to par either. For one slugs do the same damage for all weapons but pump actions, 500-334 for all non pump shotguns (even NC MAX weapons) and 800-400 for PA. Slugs do make all infantry kills at most 3 hits, but they MURDER their user against other MAXes. Mattocks do the least damage and take 15 buckshot shells to the chest to kill a stock MAX. Slugs need 20, more once their damage drop kicks in leading to needing 30 hits at limp damage. Slugs do give shotguns more range, but at the cost of being even more inflexible thanks to being worse against MAXes and their small mag sizes making misses life and death of the user, not the target. Then you have ZOE to talk about. Id post a link to the PS forums where I did testing for all of the MAX AI weapons and compared them to each other, but this post is long enough and I don't know if links work in these YT changes.

Those are just 2 places where NC isn't able to flex and bend to what is around them like either TR or VS. NC Harassers are not a threat like the others and NC MAXes are the same. They are still threats but not anywhere as much as what TR and VS have to offer. Then we have AV weapons.

Phoenix is a good weapon. But can't compare to either of the other 2 ESAV weapons. Strikers are able to fend off a 500m area from every user. Even after their nerf they are still am all-purpose lock-on that forces all vehicles out of an area or to find cover. Lancers, though not able to do real damage at greater ranges, can be use about the same to about 600m. If a Lancer see a target, it can hurt that target to make it think twice about entering an area. Phoenixes have both a deadzone of around 50m-100m and a hard range cap of 300m. The deadzone from the need to be in cover to use it without being a sitting duck and the hard capped max range from game limits of not being able to jump your POV more than 300m without a loading screen. Also the Phoenix uses flight path instead of user range making the max range even shorter from any turns made in flight, you're lucky to get 270m from turning eating max range if you jump over cover and fire in mid air. DPS is also pure shit for the Phoenix. You may do Deci damage, but it takes a long time to guide the rocket and then you're able to reload, it might as well be a 10+ second reload time that never stays the same.

The Enforcer also isn't anywhere as flexible as its brothers the Saron and Vulcan. The Enforcer is good for AV, damn good. But isn't of real use outside of AV work. The Saron has a good amount of splash and can mag dump making infantry kills either good aim for a 2 shot or mash M1 in panic. The Vulcan is a damn mini-gun, hold the trigger and anything in its path will feel pain or just die.

It isn't just one or 2 things that is making NC under-perform. It's a mass of imbalances that have been adding up for over a year forming a snowball effect. That snowball also makes holding NC players harder and they either leave the game or try out another faction and stay there adding more flakes to the snowballs path.
Old 2013-12-06, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Timithos
Master Sergeant

How does the Reddit dev post get downgraded to post 187 with 907 interests & over 1600 comments? Did the moderators turn the scoring effect off? I'm not understanding how reddit works now.
Old 2013-12-06, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Both you guys didn't understand how to make bases more defensible outside of walls and a teleporter? I could rattle off over a dozen ways to make bases better. Does everyone else not understand how to improve base defense also? Is it that great of a mystery for everyone?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion