Make Flamethrowers ES for TR Max - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PSU is back, as well as the admin's crappy taste in quotes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-06, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Make Flamethrowers ES for TR Max

Before I literally get flamed for this. I think this could be a win win situation for all empires.

Since I've read many threads on the Planetside 2 forums of people complaining about options for NC max weapons, I've come to the conclusion to just give NC long range heavy gauss rifle weapons, and let them keep the shotguns for their close range option.

For VS give them lashers for a close/mid range option.

For TR give them flame throwers for theirs. Actually has that faction trait of rapid firing weapon/sustained dmg.

Gives every faction a new weapon type for their maxes and the choice for long or close range niche weapons.
Old 2013-12-07, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: Make Flamethrowers ES for TR Max

What about flamethrowers are so complicated that the other Empires can't build them, what about them says to you... "Oh yeah... these are Empire Specific". Ontop of that fire as a weapon is so simple and old as a weapon concept that the NC more then anyone would be considered to use them as Empire Specific. TR would view them as impracticable and not efficient and VS would consider them to old, not advanced enough!

Flamethrowers should be NS, available to everyone.

There's alot of other weapon ideas and options if you want specialized weapons for various situations on your MAX beyond the faction flavor.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-12-07 at 02:28 AM.
Old 2013-12-07, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
What about flamethrowers are so complicated that the other Empires can't build them, what about them says to you... "Oh yeah... these are Empire Specific".
Not that I disagree per se but that can be pretty much applied to every empire specific weapon and equipment in the game. Maybe except the Vanu alien stuff, but I cant imagine the Vulcan or Enforcer being so incredible high-tech that none of the other factions would be able to copy the weapon concept.

And if we actually need a reason we just take the one that is applied to almost every logical flaw in the game:

Old 2013-12-07, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Methonius
Master Sergeant

I don't think we really need a reason for a weapon being put as faction specific, except for the fact of it fitting with their core concept - NC slow and hard hitting, VS advanced tech. And, Imo I think flame throwers fit well with the TR motto. Fast. So I figured flame throwers would be a good one for TR and putting in other cool weps for the other factions would of been a win/win as well. I feel making everything NS all the time makes the game more meh. I like the diversity of the factions. I would honestly like the game more if there was nothing NS lol.

Last edited by Methonius; 2013-12-07 at 02:30 PM.
Old 2013-12-07, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

What about flamethrowers are so complicated that the other Empires can't build them
Not a good argument. Using this logic, the NC shouldn't be allowed to have any ES technology, since their tech is literally considered to be "low-tech, rugged crap built by miners for miners".

Going by that logic, the Vanu should be able to use all NC and TR weaponry, since they're the most advanced faction in the game, and their technology puts both of the other factions' to shame.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2013-12-07 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2013-12-07, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
aimboxxx
Private

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
LOOOL
Old 2013-12-07, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AThreatToYou
Major

It isn't that the other empires can't build it

its that only the TR bother building it.

It's like the US and flamethrowers.
Old 2013-12-08, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Aye, comes down to preference. More or less the same reason why the US uses depleted uranium and the germans uses tungsten.
Different nations(In this case factions) favor specific tactics/ideas etc. If people want a lore friendly reasoning then how about.... The NC would consider the use of flamethrowers as being inhumane and the VS would consider it not only barbaric, but also far too simplistic. TR would only care about the end goal.

That said I don't know if I would want the flamethrower to be faction specific. I honestly hadn't given it much thought before now.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-12-08 at 03:34 AM.
Old 2013-12-08, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Not a good argument. Using this logic, the NC shouldn't be allowed to have any ES technology, since their tech is literally considered to be "low-tech, rugged crap built by miners for miners".

Going by that logic, the Vanu should be able to use all NC and TR weaponry, since they're the most advanced faction in the game, and their technology puts both of the other factions' to shame.
I have to butt in here. NC salvage a lot of their gear but they also have a lot of high tech stuff that's experimental from their corporate overlords. The TR don't use it because they have their tried and true and Vanu have lasers. Instead of looking at NC as space rebels I look at them as PMC's and profiteers under the guise of 'FREEDOM'.

*edit* On a topic related note I think it would be cool if each faction got their own kind of flamethrowers. Vanu could have plasma or something along those lines while TR use napalm. Not sure what NC could use though. :F

Last edited by KesTro; 2013-12-08 at 07:34 AM.
Old 2013-12-08, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Faction colored flamethrowers....?
Old 2013-12-08, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Faction colored flamethrowers....?
More then just colors and keep in mind it's one of these 'perosonal flavor' things. I don't expect this to actually make it into the game ever just thought it was a nifty idea. On top of faction colors you can make the particles behave differently as well. *shrug*
Old 2013-12-08, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Honestly, from a dev perspective, they would make more money by creating unique faction specific items like I mentioned above, instead of just making flamethrowers NS. You buy those once and you get them for all three factions. So, it would actually be a win/win/win even for the devs lol.
Old 2013-12-08, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
VikingKong
Sergeant

Please don't. The NC love a good BBQ, too.

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Instead of looking at NC as space rebels I look at them as PMC's and profiteers under the guise of 'FREEDOM'.
Working on your own personal lore, are ya?
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old 2013-12-09, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by VikingKong View Post
Please don't. The NC love a good BBQ, too.

Working on your own personal lore, are ya?
Not even personal I remember reading that for NC lore somewhere. Ever wonder why they say "Suits will cut you a bonus check." As their V1 Thanks? To me that only supports the idea that they're mercenaries using 'freedom' as a calling card. Pretty dastardly honestly. :F
Old 2013-12-09, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kalee J
Sergeant

I have always though of the Conglomerate as more of a PMC than rebel force. It's their Coperate sponsors that want freedom from the Republic's regulations in my mind. However, we're getting a bit off topic.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion