Undocumented PTS changes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hold still!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-14, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mordelicius
Major

Undocumented PTS changes

Post any undocumented changes you've noticed in the PTS.

The changes I've noticed are mostly on animations:

- Engineer repair tool start off in the middle of the screen (instead of far right). When you repair, it's just pushed forward.
- Rocket Launcher ADS is offset instead in the middle of the launcher (model is changed too). It makes dumbfire much faster, easier to aim and use. Although sometimes the animation glitches when you cancel ADS midway.
- Reload sequences changed. Some weapons tilted upon reload. Some reload animations switched to other guns too.

Lastly, I'm still trying to figure if vehicle models are smaller in PTS as opposed to live. Model changes in the Sundy and Flash are obvious, but the scale isn't as clear.
Old 2013-12-14, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: Undocumented PTS changes

I don't know about anything else but I've always thought vehicle models are to small as is, I want them to be bigger, especially MBT's and Lightnings, they seem to small....
Old 2013-12-15, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Undocumented PTS changes

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
I don't know about anything else but I've always thought vehicle models are to small as is, I want them to be bigger, especially MBT's and Lightnings, they seem to small....
I think I've figured it out what's different. The 3rd person POV is farther out. That's why the vehicle feel smaller. And aside from minor changes (tires, decal size, ams gone, new textures etc), they are still relatively the same.

Anyway, they reverted most of the reload animation changes for guns. That's too bad. The weapon tilt reload is really cool.

However, the PDW has this really ugly new reload animation. They reload on side just like the Vanu and the clip is invisible. Perhaps they are still testing it. This is far too ugly to put on live lol.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion