News: February 13 Patch Maintenance Infiltrator Update - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Danger, This really hurts!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-13, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

February 13 Patch Maintenance Infiltrator Update

Servers are currently down for patching!

Patch Notes:
Corrections
  • The lost bonus membership certs have been restored. The individual amounts vary from player to player, depending on the amount lost. The grant includes an extra percentage as a thank you for your patience while we sorted this issue out.
  • The lost individual WDS points have been restored. To make this as fair as possible, we moved everyone to one point below the next tier reward, which is a significant bump of extra points for most folks. Thanks for participating, and we appreciate all the great feedback on this event.
Infiltrator
  • New Tool: Motion Spotter
    • When placed, the motion spotter spots all nearby moving enemy players on the mini-map
  • New Ability: Stalker Cloak
    • Stalker cloak does not drain energy as long as the infiltrator remains stationary, allowing the cloak to last indefinitely. However, stalker cloak prevents the use of the infiltrators primary weapon and regenerates slower than the hunter cloak.
  • New Suit Slot: Adrenaline Pump
    • Increases the Infiltrator's sprint speed while equipped
  • New Armor Choices: Gold and Lumifiber
  • New Weapon: MKV Suppressed
    • The MKV has an integrated suppressor that prevents the user from showing on the minimap when firing. It features superior bullet velocity and long range stopping power compared to SMGs using optional aftermarket suppressors.
  • New Weapon: Hunter QCX
    • The powerful Hunter QCX Quad-Cam crossbow is a lightweight sidearm, capable of silently taking out targets up to medium range with deadly precise bolts. Has two unique rail attachments.
      • Explosive Bolt: Replaces the default bolt with an explosive tipped variant that does light damage to MAX units and other enemy armor
      • Recon Bolt: Replaces the default bolt with a low damage variant that includes a sensor device. The sensor can detect enemy movement within a limited range
  • Cloak Improvements
    • Reduced the cloak visibility when moving in all states except for sprinting. Sprinting retains the same visibility setting as before
    • Cloak visibility will now transition faster when changing from one movement state to another
      • For example, cloaked players will now reach the lower visibility state faster after they stop moving
    • Fixed a bug that that was sometimes preventing the cloak visibility state from updating correctly
      • For example, crouching will now always enter the crouch state. No more having to move slightly to reach the lowest visibility setting.
  • EMP grenades will now destroy the below enemy explosives and deployables. This destroy effect will even work through cover.
    • Tank Mines
    • Personal Mines
    • C4
    • Placed Motion Spot tools
    • Detect Tool sensors (this includes crossbow bolts)
    • Spawn Beacons
Darklight Flashlights
  • All Flashlight weapon attachments have been converted into Darklight Flashlights.
    • The rail mounted Darklight Flashlight can illuminate hostile cloaked infiltrators and dark areas but the light can give away your position. The light can be turned on and off with the Toggle Attachment hotkey
    • Cloaked Infiltrators will see their first person arms change color if they’re being illuminated by darklight as feedback
Squad Boosts
  • They've returned to the Depot and have been improved.
  • The self-buff portion of squad xp boosts is now 50%, up from 30%
  • All squad xp boosts now buff the squad's xp gain by 5% per boost, up from 3%.
  • Activating squad boosts will notify squad members that one has been activated.
  • All Alpha Squad and Heroic Boosts now buff squad xp gains by 5%, including those already equipped.
Valentine's Day
  • For a limited time you can purchase pink and black/pink variants of the Hunter QCX. Getting kills with each special V-Day weapon will unlock a unique title.
  • See the Depot for a selection of themed items and check out the Cheap Date and Unwanted Advance Bundles for the best value.
Amp Stations
  • Layout adjustments to Zurvan and Dahaka
  • Adjusted Dahaka to provide more cover in the vehicle bay.
  • Adjusted Zurvan walls to provide more visual awareness inside the base.
WDS Preseason
  • Changed scoring values based on Preseason Feedback
    • Small Outpost:
      • Capture / Hold value scales 2 -> 8
      • Defend value scales 3 -> 25
    • Large Outposts
      • Capture, Hold, and Defend value scales 4 -> 16
    • Bio Labs
      • Capture Hold & Defend value scales 8 -> 32
    • Tech Plants & Amp Stations
      • Capture / Hold value scales 8 ->32
      • Defend Value scales 12 -> 50
    • Bio labs and large outposts have a smaller defend scaling simply because they have 3+ points and they are easy to cheese and get a lot of extra defense points out of it. So we lowered the value on these so the entire event doesn't boil down to cheesing these two facility types.
Balance
  • Tank mines are now smaller
  • Coyote Missiles:
    • Inner Radius Blast Range reduced from 1 meter to 0.35 meters
    • Inner Radius Blast Damage reduced from 334 damage to 200 damage
    • Decoy Flares will now prevent Coyote missiles from locking on
  • Hornet Missiles
    • Projectile Speed increased from 100 meters a second to 125 meters a second
  • Tomcat Missiles
    • You can now switch weapons once the missile is in flight and still maintain lock
  • Antares LC projectile speed increased from 700 to 800 (matching the Saron)
  • M20 Kestrel projectile speed increased from 650 to 750 (matching the M20 Mustang)
  • M18 Locust projectile speed increased from 650 to 750 (matching the Needler)
  • ESF Racer frames have had their cruising speed bonus increased.
    • Reaver/Scythe Rank 3 now grants around +35 KPH up from +20 KPH
    • Mosquito Rank 3 now grants around +30 KPH up from +10 KPH
  • Underbarrel Grenade Launchers: Increased direct hit damage from 750 to 800. This was mainly to give a slight damage increase against MAX units and armor
  • Pump-action shotguns are no longer stuck in iron sights during the chamber animation
  • Semi-auto Scout Rifles: NC Shadow, TR HSR-1, VS Nyx
    • Increased min damage from 250 to 280
    • Projectile velocity increased from 500 to 550 on NC and TR, from 500 to 540 on VS (lower because of no drop)
Misc
  • Audio pass on Rocket Launchers. They should be heard at further distances and more distinct.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a case where locked on projectiles would ignore terrain
  • Explosives will now blow up deployables and other explosives
  • Fixed a bug that was often causing explosives to do partial damage. Explosion damage will now be more consistent across the board
  • Fixed healing grenades not functioning at all
  • Fixed an issue where the medic tool's heal beam would be invisible
  • Reload audio for the T9 Carv and T9 Carv-S will now be synced with the animation
  • Fixed issue where sometimes there were two liberator icons when previewing vehicle items
  • The NC14 Bolt Driver's Rail slot options are properly available as certifications again
  • Fixed an issue where notifications would sometimes persist
  • Fixed a case where vehicle debris would do too much damage to other vehicles
  • Fixed misspellings on External Fuel Tank certifications
  • Fixed tooltip error in scout radar descriptions
  • Fixed an issue where the reload HUD timer didn't match the weapon's animation in the centralized HUD mode
  • The effect for the Heavy Assault resist shield will stay on for the entire duration of the ability
  • Fixed fire animation sometimes freezing on burst weapons
  • Visual tracers will no longer go through collision
  • Can now obtain Auraxium Medal on the M9 SKEP Launcher. NOTE: Kills earned before this fix do not count towards progress
  • Fixed issue where some platinum weapon variants (NS-15MP, NS-11CP and NS-357P Underboss) did not award ribbons
  • Fixed some invalid attachments showing up for Coyote Missiles in VR zone
  • Fixed the NS-44P Commissioner (platinum variant) having less ammo than the other Commissioner variants
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...pm-cet.172843/

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2014-02-13, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: February 13 Patch Maintenance Infiltrator Update

New Weapon: Hunter QCX

The powerful Hunter QCX Quad-Cam crossbow is a lightweight sidearm, capable of silently taking out targets up to medium range with deadly precise bolts. Has two unique rail attachments.
Explosive Bolt: Replaces the default bolt with an explosive tipped variant that does light damage to MAX units and other enemy armor
Recon Bolt: Replaces the default bolt with a low damage variant that includes a sensor device. The sensor can detect enemy movement within a limited range
GEP gun
Old 2014-02-13, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Oh holy mother f'in hell... well I guess everybody is going to need those darklight lights now cos infiltrators got a HUGE buff in this patch, awesome new type of stealth and even harder to see when it was already hard as hell to see them.
Old 2014-02-13, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Love the new Infiltrator toys... was a little disappointed to not see the new sniper pew pews.
Old 2014-02-13, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Oh holy mother f'in hell... well I guess everybody is going to need those darklight lights now cos infiltrators got a HUGE buff in this patch, awesome new type of stealth and even harder to see when it was already hard as hell to see them.
It was never hard to see infiltrators. When they run you can clearly see them. Not sure what you are talking about.

and when they decloak it sounds like an invitation + hey, I am here, shoot at me now.

But it is worthless to speculate now. We will play and see is infi overpowered or not. I think not but i cannot know for sure.

BTw , I play all classes including infiltrators and those enemy infiltrators were never a problem for me. I just remevber to move all the time and listen for declock sounds and then you are save.

Last edited by almalino; 2014-02-13 at 02:44 PM.
Old 2014-02-13, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
War Barney
Sergeant Major

I do get fed up with people saying *listen for the sound* ye cos that'll save you when they decloak behind you.. and stalker cloak means they never need to decloak except for the kill. And you might have found the perfect graphics settings to see them but for me they need to be under 5m to even be slightly visible and very quickly become completely invisible when they move away and THAT was before this buff making them even less visible.
Old 2014-02-13, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
VikingKong
Sergeant

I do get fed up with people saying *listen for the sound* ye cos that'll save you when they decloak behind you.
Stop leaving your arse exposed? Have some sort of situational awareness? Recognise the fact that not every death is the game's fault? Stop stinking up the rest of the forum with this baseless rant? No? No. I'm asking too much, aren't I?
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old 2014-02-13, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by VikingKong View Post
Stop leaving your arse exposed? Have some sort of situational awareness? Recognise the fact that not every death is the game's fault? Stop stinking up the rest of the forum with this baseless rant? No? No. I'm asking too much, aren't I?
No your just no making any sense.

Leaving my arse exposed? do you suggest I forever move with a group in a circle and move as a circle? only way to not be exposed

Situational awareness? how do you suggest I'm situational aware of something thats impossible to see?

Not every death is the games fault? I never said it was your just making up stuff by this point as you realised you don't actually have any valid points to make.
Old 2014-02-13, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
VikingKong
Sergeant

Leaving my arse exposed? do you suggest I forever move with a group in a circle and move as a circle? only way to not be exposed
Many options there.
Stick with a group. Chances are one of them will spot the cloaker, or at least take the first hit.
Whenever you're in hostile territory, "keep your head on a swivel" ,as they say in the military.
If you're capping a control node, keep your back to the wall and your eyes on the doors.
Don't stand still, or stay in one place too long.
Keep an eye on your minimap at all times.
etc. etc.

Situational awareness? how do you suggest I'm situational aware of something thats impossible to see?
When did I mention anything impossible to see? We were talking about Infiltrators, I thought. They're easy to both see and hear.

Not every death is the games fault? I never said it was your just making up stuff by this point as you realised you don't actually have any valid points to make.
You said it right here. It's clear to all but yourself that you got frustrated with the enemy using perfectly valid and skilful tactics that you haven't yet learnt how to counter, and so came on here to declare them cheap and broken and ignore anyone who disagreed with you.
And my/our point is perfectly valid. You just refuse to see it.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old 2014-02-13, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Palerion
Sergeant Major

I'm kind of irritated that they got adrenaline pump. That was sort of my spec of hope for the light assault update, that adrenaline pump gets buffed and they can sprint fast and maybe jetpack fast.
Old 2014-02-13, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Falcon_br
Captain

My comments:

I received 500 certs from the lost certs of all that time with membership.
Maybe it is fair, maybe it is not, I was expecting at least 1.000.

The restored WDS points was nice, I got twice the 800 reward and today I got the 2.000 reward, all of them useless to me.

New Tool: Motion Spotter
This is awesome to be used on defense! Also, place then near friendly sunderer and it will no longer die do those sneak people with c4! It is not so good on offense, but I see some people cloaking, placing it and receiving lots of points.
The part that I think it is OP, it doesn´t place dots on the map, it SPOTS the enemy! SPOTS THEN! they are easy to track and kill on the minimap, it is awesome! Good the range is limited, but most people have certs to get it on the last level and 50m range it is not long, but it is not close!

New Ability: Stalker Cloak
This is kind of WTF? Today we got several rooms full of people, after we got the base, we left and then everytime someone report there was an enemy infiltrator on that room all the time! Today I saw enemy cloakers inside capture time, relaying information to their squads all the time!
Now we must fire everywhere on the capture point, and even after capturing it, because there are still cloackers everywhere!

The crossbow is ok, it is doing like 900 with head shot, what is not one hit kill, also the explosive tips are almost useless, maybe as suspression, I don´t know, 6 hours playing today not a single bolt hit me, but I killed some people that were using the crossbow.
What give me the dilemma, shall I take the pink with hearts or the dark? Most people advice me to get the default one, because the special gun effects of those special crossbows are only to give away you position. Since it happens on both sides, where the shot hits and on you.

The new SMG? Unless they receive a DMG or ROF boost, nobody is going to buy it, unless they already have auraxis with the other ones, like what happened with the NS-7.

The emp grenade buff it is something it should be there since day 1!
Maybe breaking spawn beacons behind walls are too much, because now even if you hide it very well behind a high wall, the infiltrator can easily kill it.

Flares working on coyotes are something that should be happening since day 1!

Darklight is not working to me.
2 hours using it, and no cloacker was detected.
I killed like 20 cloackers, no one got detected on the darklight.
People are saying it can be because of the lag, with 200 ping the infiltrator is probably gone before the game decides they got into your darklight.
I was in front of a teleporter, using darklight, several infiltrators passed without detection.

The tank mines back to the original size, today I saw several people dying to tank mines! Even I got some tank mine kills!
Chain explosions are also back and it is awesome!
But is also give us a question:
Can´t they make up their mind?
Everytime they changed something and then changed it back it is like we are paying to pay a beta game!
almost 9 months with giant pizzas, now they are back to what they were! Why???
I think the next patch we are going to get back the green lasers for orbital signal back into the claymores.

New undocumented feature: Pressing TAB will show your ping into the scoreboard, bottom right.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-02-13, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Stalker Cloak = The James Bond Fantasy - Sneaking and killing with only your sidearm!
Old 2014-02-14, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I received 500 certs from the lost certs of all that time with membership.
Maybe it is fair, maybe it is not, I was expecting at least 1.000.

Yeah, I was expecting over 700 and was awarded just 293. How the feck they calculated that I just don't know. I've replied to my last ticket e-mail, stating my disappointment, but I'm not expecting anything to be done about this.
Old 2014-02-14, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post

Darklight is not working to me.
2 hours using it, and no cloacker was detected.
I killed like 20 cloackers, no one got detected on the darklight.
People are saying it can be because of the lag, with 200 ping the infiltrator is probably gone before the game decides they got into your darklight.
I was in front of a teleporter, using darklight, several infiltrators passed without detection.
Lag shouldn't have anything to do with Darklight. If you have the flashlight on and is pointed at a cloaker he should get an outline of his faction color. Lag can effect friendlies showing you cloakers with their darklights on an extreme case, but I can't think of anything but a bug if you can't get the outline if you're holding the light yourself.

It should client side after all meaning that it follows the same rules as you shooting the guy.
Old 2014-02-14, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Snoopy
Sergeant

The whole stalker cloak infiltrator sitting on enemy point is kind of annoying already though, lol.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion