snipers - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: all hail......um......i forget....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-12, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SpartanSniper
Private

snipers

what would be another good class or vehicle to have with sniper?i was thinking of maybe a reaver or something to get on higher places for good snipin positions.what does everyone think?
Old 2003-05-12, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Been hearing Skeeters, Reavers, and Basilisks/Wraiths.
Old 2003-05-12, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

I would say either basilisk, wraith, or mosquito.

Basilisk and Wraith: Small fast land vehicles. Chances are getting spotted are less then flying the skies. The really only drawback to these is where they can go. Got a STEEP hill? probably wont go up, how bout a rock formation of some sort? no and be hard to jump your way up if possible at all. If you were to fly up there, no problem, you might have to ditch it though in mid flight cause it probably wont land on top of formations.

Reaver vs. Mosquito: Sure both can fly, and a Reaver has a greater capability of offense/defense but mosquito is superior for a sniper. Mosquitoes on radar are just a small prick of dot(nearly invisible), they are faster, and are capable of defending themselves if skilled enough(taken down 3 reavers out of 4 going head on.)

Lets say you have a partner instead. Then you might want to get a Harrasser or an empire specific vehicle: Enforce, Marauder, and Thresher.

Last edited by Zenny; 2003-05-12 at 09:50 AM.
Old 2003-05-12, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Harps
First Sergeant

any of the fast vehicles.. I really dont notice any snipers looking for good spots besides to take cover they usually just stay behind the rest of their crew or they goto the top of the base and fire at incomin units
Old 2003-05-12, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TekDragon
Contributor

Im thinking of getting a buggy vehicle cert so i can use the TR's marauder. Does anyone have any info on this?

Im wondering about speed, handling and armor. Also wondering about whether ppl like gunning it or not.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

I did the sniper/wraith combo a good part of this passed weekend. Nice combo. Wraith can go damn near anywhere, including climbing nearly vertical hills. Its fast, hard to wreck, can be driven very hard without damage and can be had at any vehicle terminal, unlike some aircraft.

mi dos centavos
Old 2003-05-12, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

Personally as a sniper I like to be in reinforced armor to hold a second weapon for close combat ... so of course that limits your choice of vehicle. Now that the basilisk is only 2 certs, that would be my choice.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kikinchikin

WOAH SINCE WHEN IS BASILISK 2 CERTS??? i kno the wraith is, but i had no idea the basilisk is also... but anywho.

Im a sniper and i find that the wraith is a good vechile to use since it gets u from mpoint A to point B very quickly. However it does suffer from not being able to climb those hills that are super high, but for those theres really no way ur gonna get up there newayz, so its not too bad. I enjoy using dunes as my vantage point. Especially those overlooking towers. Thats fun.

yeah just my tweo cents, altho u may wanna get a skeeter.

Next cert im buhying is reinforced, so i dont have to switch my cycler in with my boltdriver. In which time im usually dead if i have to do it immediately.
Old 2003-05-12, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

Lilbird2431 - WOAH SINCE WHEN IS BASILISK 2 CERTS???
agreed. when I set up the wraith/sniper combo this weekend I remember bitching that I needed one more point to get an actual armed ride and had to do without.

this must have just recently (very recently) changed or surely I would have had the Bas instead.

its alright. 24 hours are up and I can change it...so its all good.
Old 2003-05-12, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Sunday 11th Patch Notes

11) The Basilisk certification has been reduced from 3 points to 2 points
Old 2003-05-12, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
CptRugged
Private

Bah, the Basilisk is worthless. I took it originally for a personal vehicle to get around to sniper positions. Its not as fast as the wraith and the guns are just to hard to hit with. I'm sure that can be overcome with practice.. but usually by the time I was really doing damage on someone with those Bas guns he had already blown me away.

Wraith all the way.. max speed of 90 and it goes almost anywhere. Thats if your not flyin' a skeeter.. but I'm no fly boy.
Old 2003-05-12, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
TekDragon
Contributor

Wraith is 2 certs right?

Honestly ill choose whichever looks the least ghey for a reinforced to ride on it.

[edit] and if both look ghey ill grab a harraser or spend the extra point to get the marauder
Old 2003-05-13, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
HS Warwolf
Private

Generally for snipers you want to be as stealthy as you possibly can. You don't want to go around with bulky armor that's going to slow you down or make you more of a target. I haven't played the beta yet but this is how I would set up my config.
Stealth suit, bolt driver, and Repeater(I'm partial to the TR). For a vehicle I would go with the Wraith 3 reasons:
1. It's available to everyone.
2. It's one of the smallest vehicles in the game and is hard to detect until you get close. (If your wearing a stealth suit.
3. It can go almost anywhere.
This is just my opinion but I wouldn't go with an airborn target unless I had to. You make yourself more obvious while in the air. If realy don't want to be seen then just take off all that godang armor you're wearing and put on a stealth suit and stop trying to get to the most impossible spots. When your able to get an implant, the first one I would go with is Silent walk or whetever you call it, then go for The advanced targeting. A few tips for all snipers.
1. ALWAYS carry a backup wepon such as a pistol or even a combat knife could suffice. There is no worse horror for a sniper than being spotted and have nothing to defend yourself at close range.
2. Check your surrounding ever MINUTE OR LESS. A foot soldier could sneek up on you and put a bullet in the back of your head and you would never know it.
3. Work in pairs. This goes with #2. While one of you is using your bolt driver, the other keeps a look out. (Even for the look out, stay as low as possible)
4. ALWAYS stay as quiet, as low to the ground, and as invisible as possible. Remember, your sniper team (Or pair) works without support from the rest of the Company. You have to rely on yourselves. Even when you are on the move, stay as low as you can. This goes with what I said erlier, if when you get the oportunity to get an implant, go with silent walk first. That way, as well as being near invisible, you are nearly absolutely silent.
To get back on the subject, You should probably go with the wraith. Take teams of 2-4 of you all on Wraiths to get to your target or sniping perch. If you're goinjg to use 3-4 then stay spread out to minimize your chances of being spotted. That's all.
We are a group of Imperial Knights sent on a suicide mission to feed the Cybirds and there leader Giver//Of//Will. Those of us who survived went threw hell but we where still soldiers, not for the Empire who hired us as mercanaries but for ourselves and the sake of honor and integrity. This is why they call us the Hells Soldiers. We will bring honor back to the battlefield and weed out all Cybird and Imperial threats! "Remember Mercanaries Never Die, They Just Go To Hell To Regroup"
Old 2003-05-13, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I sense bullshit, Stealths don't have a rifle slot

for a vehicle, your probably best off with the skeeter, basalisk or maybe even a lightning.
Old 2003-05-13, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BlakkyZ8
Staff Sergeant

One problem...

Stealth suit, bolt driver, and Repeater(I'm partial to the TR).
Stealth suits have no rifle slot!
Imagine a stealthed sniper!

EDIT: I didn't mean you Incompetant.

Visit The TR Elite Guard

Join The TR Elite Guard

TReG Pwnz j00 like a Car

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion