BR3 and 6 certs in under 10 minutes... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop cheating, ur not allowed to shoot me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-12, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tatter
Private

BR3 and 6 certs in under 10 minutes...

I looked around to see if folks posted this already and sorry if I missed it.

It's so easy to get to BR 3 in the first 10 minutes of character creation.

1. Run to the VR training area and hit a section, fight or drive.

2. Driving VR.

a. Get to a terminal and buy your vehicle.
b. Walk up to vehicle, any side and just face it. You get bep for just looking at it. Don't bother to drive away.
c. Run back to terminal and hit shift+V. Deconstruct and then buy a new one.
d. Repeat as fast as you can "looking" at all the vehicles. You have to hit a minimum of 2 pads to get all the bep out of this area. The Galaxy can only be bought at one pad, I think.

3. Fighting VR.

a. Run to a terminal.
b. Before doing anything, hit you 1, 2 and 3 keys in order and get bep from those items.
c. Next, dump your inventory, every bit of it.
d. Activate the terminal and select armor tab first.
e. Select first max and hit buy; then next max, then final max. You get bep as soon as you buy it and never have to leave the terminal.
f. Next, buy the reinforced armor because it has the most inventory.
g. Now, buy weapons and support items to fill up all slots and inventory.
h. Drop from the terminal and open inventory. Hit your 1,2,3 and 4 keys to ready you items and get bep. Then switch out these items with stuff from inventory, destroying previous items as you go.
i. After you equipped and readied all the items, return to the terminal and buy more, filling all slots and inventory. Think it takes about 3-4 hits of the terminal to get through all the items.

Again, I can usually do this in under 10 minutes and walk out BR3 and 6 certs. If you are not familiar with weapons, armor or vehicles, please practice with them a bit. This speed route is only good for creating additional characters fast.
Old 2003-05-12, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

That's the point of it.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-05-12, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Ya it is a little rediculous how easy it is to level that way. I see training as should only try things out and next to no gain. But it sounds like they are going to reduce the experience you gain in general soon (after release?)
Old 2003-05-12, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TekDragon
Contributor

Good deal

Sounds great for getting 6 certs easy at start. Thats enough for reinforced with medium assault and 1/3 of the way to special assault.

I, however, fully intend to spend a few hours in the VR training when i get this game. It wont provide real combat experience but at least ill have a good idea of damage mechanics, firing mechanics, and weapons stats.
Old 2003-05-12, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Trebor95
First Sergeant

Originally posted by TekDragon
Good deal

Sounds great for getting 6 certs easy at start. Thats enough for reinforced with medium assault and 1/3 of the way to special assault.

I, however, fully intend to spend a few hours in the VR training when i get this game. It wont provide real combat experience but at least ill have a good idea of damage mechanics, firing mechanics, and weapons stats.
Bet you last 5 mins before getting bored It is incredibly dull in there but its to familarise people with weapons and to get a nice healthy 6 certs
Old 2003-05-12, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
KaRtToOn
Private

I doubt they are going to lower the exp because they intended you to get to BR 3 and that's why they recently up'd the exp you get from VR.
Old 2003-05-12, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Don't forget to man all the different guns on the vehicles. You get BEP for that also.
Old 2003-05-12, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

I really like the way that's being done. I hope they keep it up for release.

You can zip thru setting up your initial character and getting them certified enough to be viable, or truly take your time in VR and go thru and try everything and see what you want to spend those on.

I think its great thinking allowing rapid deployment of new characters for those who've already been thru it. Its been a real plus while you're trying to give everything a test run and dont really want to zap the other character you've really been enjoying in its current form.

I think every one of my character slots is filled with differently certified characters and no two are alike. If not for this speed ramp up feature, that'd never happen in the limited time I get to actually play.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Ok, nvm about reducing the xp gained in training, this is what I read in the patch notes about reduced xp and got confused for a sec.

10) After analyzing experience curves, we are reducing experience gained for soldier and vehicle kills. This is the first step in a multi-part experience overhaul and is the small part of the change.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Squick
Major

VR is far from boring for the players that want to be educated. I spent many hours in VR testing the damage that ever single weapon did. It is crutial to know that I need to get two shots into an infantry at point blank with the jackhammer to kill them.

It is also important to know exactly how many rockets it takes to kill ___ unit. Lets say I am using a phoenix and a max enters my tower, I immediatly fire one rocket into him then get behind the wall going up the stairs. I reload and prepair for him to start coming up the stairs. I peg him with a second as soon as he steps foot on the stairs, I then strafe behind a wall. He has still only been able to hit me with one or two shots. Now, if you had not gone into VR and known that you only need one more rocket to kill that max, what would your strategy be? Go up the stairs to the next bend and wait for him? That is what he thinks you are going to be doing... Instead you know he only needs one more rocket to die, so you reload, strafe back out and nail him as he is walking up the stairs.

Knowledge is the most powerfull weapon you can have in this game. Everything from being able to surge yourself from the top of a base to the CC without hanging on a single wall, to being able to reliabily know how much your enemy is hurt, to knowing the weakness of your enemy.

Squick
Old 2003-05-12, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

agreed. it sure beats taking the cert and finding out you dont care for (whatever) and having to wait 24 hours to correct your error (as I did initially).

I worked on my grenade lobbing for at least 10 minutes in VR. Ended up zapping more than a few with an explosive fastball out in the world. Lord knows I'd have blown myself to kingdom come without practicing first.

so yeah, VR has many uses.
Old 2003-05-12, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

You know what VR really needs (aside from nekkid chicks)..

A Vehicle shooting range!!! I really want some static max or enemy vehicles to test the weapon damage of vehicle mounted weapons!
Old 2003-05-12, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

I sooo agree.

Vehicle VR. All fine and good...but the only things to shoot at are trees and each other. People hate that.

I mean how are you supposed to practice a strafing run with no real targets?
How are you supposed to practice landing a galaxy on someones head if there arent any spare heads around?

tsk tsk....gonna have to send that idea in. its long overdue.

Old 2003-05-12, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Diviant
Contributor
First Sergeant

Actually, don't just look at the vehicle. Drive it off the vpad and hop in all the gunner spots. Those give you exp too.
Old 2003-05-12, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Oh and for those who haven't gone over br10, exp really slows down after br10 seems like.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion