Lag - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: skinny, tall and hotT
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-12, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RedDragon
Private

Lag

Hey i was so hyped to finally download the beta version for planetside... since i currently have no intenet (getting cox cable net connection on thursday) I had to download the beta at my friend's house. He currently has the same connection, routed to two computers, 700+ RAM 128MB video card, 2.5ghrtz speed.. and the beta was still pretty lagged, which scared the hell outta me, because my net connection will be routed through 4 comps.. and my comp is only a 1.2gighrtz, 512 RAM, 64mb video card... Want to know if my comp will be lagged if i bought the game? or if i needa upgrade my comp even more than i have...
Old 2003-05-12, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sandro113
Corporal

Well i have a 752 Mhz comp with 512 DDR ram , geforce 2 GTS and 2 comps connected, i can play the game fine, but i keep getting this pesky "left the world" crash, but as far as the lag facter im ok on high graphics! heheh i cant wait till i get my new rig in 1 month :P
Old 2003-05-12, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RedDragon
Private

yeah well, i guess ima restart the comp a couple times defrag its ass... and then see what im left with and bein as though my comp only has PCI slots.... maybe go out and get that new vertigo with 128mb... if my comp laggs when release is out
Old 2003-05-12, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Camping Carl
Major

Wait, do you mean like jumping from one PC to another or a router sending internet to all 4 simultaneously?

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-05-12, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Are you the same RedDragon I accidently killed with the boomer last night on Esamir?(Johari server)

That was pretty embarrising for me. I was alone in the CC and was so focused on the door that I neglected to check the minimap. When a friendly Vanu came through the door with a friendly MAX behind I jumped and blew the both of them away.

The guy in the MAX suit was named RedDragon. He was a good sport about it and I repaired his armor later on. It was the least I could do for blowing him up earlier.
Old 2003-05-12, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Harps
First Sergeant

well they have been messing with the optimization to get bugs, that could be it .. I was having some FPS Lag last night i guess i depends when u played it
Old 2003-05-12, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
wyatt_earp
Private

lag sux
Old 2003-05-12, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I have horrendous lag when facing any TR guns. They open fire and my FPS go to crap. So I adapted, picked up a sniper rifle and spend my time driving things and watching over my squad from a nearby hill while picking off soliders.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion