PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet Saddam plays PS beta.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-05-22, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Scurvy
Private

Unhappy Desperate Aussie grovels for buddy key...

Anyone feel like taking pity on a poor beta-addicted Australian by giving them their buddy key?

Unfortunately Ubi Soft decided that they�d like to perform additional live testing down here before they will release the game to stores to ensure that the lag/latency was bearable. This means I won�t be able to get my hands on a copy of the game until next Thursday (another week away) at the earliest.

I must say I commend Ubi�s dedication on this point (and their CS representative was extremely helpful), however I can�t help but wish they�d been as slack as most other distributors and just released the game untested�

Anyway, should any generous soul be inclined to put me out of my misery they can rest assured that I will give them my buddy key in return once I get my hands on a copy of the game (May 29th).

Since I was in beta I already have the client files, I just need the key.

NOTE: This is not the key that (I think) is printed on the CD itself. That key is the one you play with. I�m talking about what I�ve heard referred to as a seven day only �buddy key� that is apparently printed on a separate piece of paper in the Planetside box.

Anyway, if anyone is so inclined, please email the buddy key to [email protected].

As soon as I receive one I�ll update this thread so as to waste anyone else�s time sending me one.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 2003-05-22, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheRook
Private

the betas over...

go buy the game from all good retailers!

therook
Old 2003-05-22, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Scurvy
Private

All good non-Australian retailers, I guess you're saying.

Basically if I order it from overseas now, it'll arrive later than the local release, so there's not a lot of point really, is there?

I know it's a pretty lame request, but hey, I'm a desperate man! I've got a new addiction to feed. Didn't you know that the first victim of addiction was pride?
Old 2003-05-22, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Originally posted by TheRook
the betas over...

go buy the game from all good retailers!

therook
The Beta install will play retail. "buy the game from from all good retailers" .... if you read his post, this makes no sense.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge