Surge / agile / JH - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So you wanna make out, or what?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-12, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
RagingSpeedhorn
Corporal

Intellegent posts, which seem to point to the fact that

a) JH is fine
b) Surge is fine
c) Agile is fine

But put them together then it's overbalanced. A few obviouse 'l33t' NC guys who think that it's OK to own an enemy by closing so fast and killing so hard that there is no change to defend. I think the word 'whine' and 'deal with it' made a 'l33t' appearance. Admit it, Noob Surgile Jackhammer wh0res that you used a combo to gain an unfair adavantage.

I for one will laugh my arse off when the non-players who 'pwn' because they can't play properly are nerfed.
Old 2003-12-12, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

a) Jackhammer has a triple-fire mode that encroaches on TR's "empire flavor" of high ROF, not fine. Of course I think "empire flavor" is kinda dumb; every army strives for superiority, and not by adopting some childish idea like "shoot more bullets faster!\1".

b) Surge has been agreed to be broken by some of the finest minds in the game, due mainly to the nature of Client-Side Hit-Detection and the role of vehicles (1:40 Surge in Standard is enough to get from one base to the next, even ones that are somewhat distant from each other, making vehicles virtually superfluous).

c) Agile is most definitely fine, although perhaps it should only allow you to equip "short" rifles (Thumper, MA weapons, Radiator).

As for the "overbalanced" part, of course you are correct. I think the devs have it well in hand though. I've noticed those guys manage to steer the game even through rough seas, and I've been having fun with it consistently for months.

Off topic, the free client for XP users is making it waay easier to get my friends into the game.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-13, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

a) Jackhammer has a triple-fire mode that encroaches on TR's "empire flavor" of high ROF, not fine. Of course I think "empire flavor" is kinda dumb; every army strives for superiority, and not by adopting some childish idea like "shoot more bullets faster!\1".
This one gets me too. In an ideally balanced situation you'd have units that are light, fast, and weak, and units that are slow, heavy, and powerful. However, surge/agile/HA allows a unit to be light, fast, and powerful, which in itself is overpowering.

Also factored in to the equation is RoF vs. Strength, with TR being high RoF/low strength and NC being the opposite. However, the NC get the ability to have high RoF/high strength with the triple shot, which is a bit unfair. The equivalent would be the chaingun having some alt mode that fired out of all three of its barrels at the same time while maintaining its RoF, or the lasher having one that shot instant hit projectiles while maintaining the lash.
c) Agile is most definitely fine, although perhaps it should only allow you to equip "short" rifles (Thumper, MA weapons, Radiator).
I think this is a great idea, it goes with the "light, fast, and weak" theory. Let only reinforced carry HA (to people who complain, rexo isn't THAT much slower than agile) or other "long" rifles.
Old 2003-12-13, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Old 2003-12-15, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
http://myplanetside.station.sony.com...173&worldId=21

I see no TR character? Only this guy

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com...cter_index.jsp

Now that you have lied. I see you have no room argueing your point here anymore.
A) My TR char is not on wearner, and
B) Hes not called shadowseed...

God your lame...

Old 2003-12-16, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Ait'al
Contributor
General

how about this! When your weapons holstered it takes less stamina and you can run like you can now. but with it out it changes teh center of gravity the implant is accustumed to and takes more drain. But per weapons slot size. IE piston less stamina than rifle sized! then it has even more drawbacks and you wont have to worry about miss hitting the surge button after you tyr to put yor gun away and get kiled cause you hit it too soon or something. 8)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion