Discussion on CR5's - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We <3 devs.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2006-03-01, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

How bout global comm go through ranking players on each continent and they choose if it would be good to give the message to the less ranking players.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-01, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

or maybe a review board for each empire.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-05, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
GPman
Private

Well I left PS for the day yesterday because of all the junk spam being said. It was non stop chatter about junk that has nothing to do with global operations. Just gets so annoying. PLus with a non stop bash of noob players I am sure the reserves program will be a huge success when top level players can insult new players globally and they can't defend themselves.

I have a 100% sure fire way to stop global spam. It will be completely effective and takes NO coding on the side of the devs. Infact, they can implement this idea tomorrow if they wanted to and it would instantly be a success! But SOE will NEVER do it. Here is how.

SOE posts a message in game when you log in and on the forums/newspage a message that simply states:
"CR5 global chat spam will NOT be tolerated. If it is not helpful gamplay orders it is considered spam! All other players, we request that you report ANY player with the /report playername command you see violating this!

CSR's will examing the reports. If the messages are deemed to be spam the following punishment will happen:

1)First time offense will result in a warning.
2)Second offense will result in your CR5 being dropped back down to CR4.
3)Third offense will result in in permanent CR4 status(ie you can never obtain cr5 status again)
*note players abusing the report feature of those who are obviously not spamming may loose thier report command."

And that is it. That right there will end CR5 spam. Nobody wants to loose cr5 status and people can't be trusted to decide who can and can not speak. If somebody here likes this idea post it on the official forums and you will probably see that everybody there likes it to.

But see if you will get an official response. You won't. Why, because they will never do this. Why? Because they are afraid they could potentially loose a lot of customers who got punished and decided to quit. Unlike other companies who are open about their bannings, I am guessing they are to afraid to do anything that might result in people leaving the game.
Old 2006-03-05, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Hamma
PSU Admin

I agree 100%

It's going to scare off alot of new players being belittled on global spam.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-03-05, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

But then some people are leaving because of the spam so if their losing customers either way,I think the should pick the banning except maybe a little less severe.

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-05, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I dig the idea, but what about the ignorant ass holes who will report people just for the hell of it. I mean you said the reporter could loose their priviledges to report too, but even so they could be telling the truth.

If somehow the reporter could also report the last message that the CR5 then you got game.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2006-03-05, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by BUGGER
but what about the ignorant ass holes who will report people just for the hell of it
This is also true

God there are some real assholes on the internet.

Old 2006-03-06, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
GPman
Private

Originally Posted by BUGGER
I dig the idea, but what about the ignorant ass holes who will report people just for the hell of it. I mean you said the reporter could loose their priviledges to report too, but even so they could be telling the truth.

If somehow the reporter could also report the last message that the CR5 then you got game.
Isn't that how reporting works? Doesn't it send atleast a portion of the chat log of the person who is being reported? Otherwise the report function they already have would be useless. I just figured the report command worked that way. Anybody know how it works for sure right now?
Old 2006-03-06, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hamma
PSU Admin

Actually that's how I understand it works also.

Old 2006-03-07, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG
EMP blasts only destroy your mines, unless you are stupid enough to deploy with your spits and MS's within their blast radius.
I never put a mine near enough to spitfire to blow it up... but there always seems to be some mine happy n00b who does. These seem to be the same guys who put spitfires in places where there is no possible way they could hurt anyone, in doing so, blocks placement of spitfires in the best locations.

Especally with towers, emp blast ruin the whole strategy of CEing. They disable every mine and spitfire on the roof with no skill involved... at least with jammers, it takes some skill and risk throwing them while you free falling.

With everybody and their dog having emp blast, it really minimalizes the most fun cert in this game... Combat Enginer.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2006-03-07, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

well it really all depends on the situation, but is any of the CR5 complaining getting to the devs? i've never seen them comment on a post about this or anything. this is a major issue.
Old 2006-03-07, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-07, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Shadwulf
Private

im curious are there any markov cr5's here?
cazue i dont have a lot of difficulty with the cr5's on markov.
Old 2006-03-07, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

Emerald for some raeson seems to have it the worse

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion