PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submit.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-26, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
chopstickz
Private

Unarmed police isn't a problem in the UK, within minutes of a call an armed response team with SMG's can be on the scene. Crime is not proportionaly any worse in America but there is a higher chance that a criminal can be armed and hence the need for armed officers in the US and I can see why law abiding citizens might want to be armed.

I can see where your coming from but do you really feel that unsafe in your own home that you NEED a gun?
Old 2003-02-26, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Lex

It's not like it's all that difiicult to register your heater here in the US. Where I live they just tacked on an automatic 5 years for any crime (including traffic violations) that involve and illegal firearm. People who don't register their guns are the one's you have to worry about.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-02-26, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

I completely understand what your saying, but the fact is there are places in the world where owning a gun is not neccessary, its simple.

If you feel you need one to protect yourself and your family I feel sorry for you.

But you are right about criminals always having guns. but if guns were flat out illegal, only the hardest of criminals would have em .and there probably not going to waste type mugging your fammily

Old 2003-02-26, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

No one answered my question about the 2nd amendment.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-02-26, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
chopstickz
Private

But you are right about criminals always having guns. but if guns were flat out illegal, only the hardest of criminals would have em .and there probably not going to waste type mugging your fammily
exactly what happened in the UK
Old 2003-02-26, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by chopstickz
I can see where your coming from but do you really feel that unsafe in your own home that you NEED a gun?
There are a number of things that come into play.

1) It is not that I don't feel safe in my home without a gun, it is that I feel more safe in my house with a gun. It gives me a good feeling to know that I can adequately protect my loveones if need be.

2) It is fun to have a gun. It is fun going to a shooting range with your own pride and joy instead of having to rent. It is fun taking pride in the mainainance of your precious . Why should I be deprived of this enjoyment and sense of pride?

3) Any legislation against guns does not remove the ability to purchase them. It merely increases the difiiculty of obtaining one. I can still get fully automatic weapons, however it just costs me alot more because I have to go through transfered ownership. Why make it more difficult to get a gun when everyone can still get one? Here you are keeping guns out of the hands of the casual owner, not the criminals or the crazy.

4) If for some reason the country is ever invaded, I'd like to know that I would not have to just lay down and die.

I feel it is important for everyone to have a proficiency in the defense weapon of their time. If this was a couple hundred years ago I would be an advocate for training in the use of a bow and and arrow, sword and pike.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-26, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
Lex

It's not like it's all that difiicult to register your heater here in the US. Where I live they just tacked on an automatic 5 years for any crime (including traffic violations) that involve and illegal firearm. People who don't register their guns are the one's you have to worry about.
There was a posts that brought to light the fact that in england you catch rough criminal charges if you shoot someone with an unregistered gun. The reply to that post was saying that that is why they love the US.

I was merely making sure that there was no confusion and that if a similar scenario happened in the US (killing someone with an unregistered handgun) you would go to jail.

Do you worry about me? My first handgun was unregistered. (btw, I no longer have that gun)

Old 2003-02-26, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Bighoss
General

guns don't kill people... I kill people.

Anyway guns don't kill anyone very few deaths are caused from guns. probauly 20 a year at most.
Old 2003-02-26, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I understand facing criminal charges for shooting people with an unregistered gun, I'm glad to live in a country where its easy to register and own a gun. Theres no reason to have a gun and NOT have it registered, that should be common sense.. well unless you're a criminal...

Don't forget which country asked for whos guns during a certain war?? (thats right folks britain begged for US civilains to send them thier guns so they could protect themselves. during WWII I think...)
Old 2003-02-26, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Bighoss
General

it would be impossible to invade texas on on foot
Old 2003-02-26, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
chopstickz
Private

Ah that was the public. bunch of softies Im not surprised Britain used some US guns. Still happens today. The British Army, especially special forces prefer M16's cos the SA80(pictured in avatar is poo
Old 2003-02-26, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I am kinda upset that I was not the first person to fire my babies due to gun law.

Old 2003-02-26, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Sputty
Banned

The C7A1 assault rifle is an improved version of the basic C7 combat rifle, incorporating a low-mounted optical sight. The C7 rifle is a Canadian adaptation of a U.S. firearm known as the M16A1E1. The C7A1 eliminates the carrying handle of the C7 and substitutes an optical sight. The C7A1 assault rifle is the personal weapon for most soldiers in Canada and outside the country.
Heh, I was bored and decided to post that as you were talking aobut other countires using M16s. http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/equip/wpn/C7_E.HTML
Old 2003-03-03, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Derv
Staff Sergeant

You people should watch the movie Bowling for Columbine. I found it to be a very interesting and informative documentary.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge