Smedly emailed me back! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Info strong, all day long.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-12-31, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Smedly emailed me back!

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
No shit, a sub-based game from 2003 where it's a journey in itself to even get a sub for (infact without paypal i don't know IF i could even get a sub here in germany) has only 30 ppl on... that "nobody is playing it" argument is such a joke.

Unfortunately i have to go with RedPower here, currently it kinda smells like fear there
(or they really have some complicated plans for F2P Planetside that would require more then simply enabling the Reserve program without a BR limit again).

But telling me "we're in no hurry because nobody plays PS1" when the reason nobody plays PS1 is exactly the limitation they want to lift feels like smed is making fun of us.
For plenty of years, SOE is getting my cash direclty out of my bank account, without any extra taxes or stuff.
Old 2013-01-01, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
For plenty of years, SOE is getting my cash direclty out of my bank account, without any extra taxes or stuff.
1. You missed the point completely

2. You're fighting against making PS1 F2P which quite frankly is unabashedly absurd. Don't fuckin play it if you don't want to.
Old 2013-01-05, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
How did you acquire his email?
He's on Facebook too.

Old 2013-01-06, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
VGCS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
If he was a dick he never would have responded. Smed posts his e-mail on Twitter all the time.
No he's atleast dickish, but he's certainly no coward like most gaming Devs unfortunately are. Hope this comes to fruition this year, I've always wanted to try out PS1 for the past decade but the Monthly Sub system has run so counter to my principles that I could never justify to betray them even when I had a steady job

Last edited by VGCS; 2013-01-06 at 06:43 PM.
Old 2013-01-11, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by RedPower View Post
PS1 >>> PS2
They fear that PS2 will die quickly if PS1 F2P XD
This. I started playing ps1 at launch and played for years. Then after maybe a two year break I returned to play the entire year leading up to beta for PS2. I was having more fun playing PS1 this summer after countless hours with the game than I am with PS2 currently. I am bored to death with PS2 already in its current state and have quit untill(if) things improve. With so many veterans playing of PS1 playing PS2, and so many vets already taking a hiatus, I am sure they don't want to give any more incentive jump ship.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Personally I don't think its fear, I see it more of they really need to work on PS2 to make it viable. Imagine a car company deciding to reengineering a 2003 model instead of working on the flagship 2012 model. Doesn't exactly make sense.

The fact of the matter is that games that are F2P are not free. I'm not sure how they'll monetize the content of PS1, but they're not gonna just give it for free, they need to entice at least some of the player base to pony up some $$. I mean really what would you buy with a microtransaction? grenades? ACE's? Content? Exp boosts? Implementation of that would take some re-engineering?

Yea you can simply give everyone free time, but personally I'd also love to see a graphics update like they originally planned with PS:Next. They did start down that path before ForgeLight was the new direction. I wouldn't mind them spending a while updating the graphics engine and rendering new models and such.
Old 2013-01-11, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
RedPower
Corporal

Originally Posted by kubacheski View Post
Personally I don't think its fear, I see it more of they really need to work on PS2 to make it viable. Imagine a car company deciding to reengineering a 2003 model instead of working on the flagship 2012 model. Doesn't exactly make sense.

The fact of the matter is that games that are F2P are not free. I'm not sure how they'll monetize the content of PS1, but they're not gonna just give it for free, they need to entice at least some of the player base to pony up some $$. I mean really what would you buy with a microtransaction? grenades? ACE's? Content? Exp boosts? Implementation of that would take some re-engineering?

Yea you can simply give everyone free time, but personally I'd also love to see a graphics update like they originally planned with PS:Next. They did start down that path before ForgeLight was the new direction. I wouldn't mind them spending a while updating the graphics engine and rendering new models and such.
PS NEXT still better than copy BF/COD
Most people enjoy PS2 have never played PS1
PS1 is unique until now
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion