If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where has eMa's quote gone?? Oh here it is....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-03, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?

If SoE does a Planetside 2 on the PS4 it won't be a straight port of what we have and they wouldn't play on the same servers against the PC gamers. So I wouldn't worry about that as it's extremely unlikely they would ever combine the two.

I would be very surprised if they didn't announce some sort of a Planetside 2 PS4 port specifically designed around a controller. They could use all of the art, level designs, and weapons of Planetside 2 but the controls and interface would need a great overhaul to work well without a mouse and keyboard. They would also need a working aim-assist model, changes to how the chat works, and a tweaking of a lot of the weapons and abilities to better suit the pace of a console shooter.

The PS4 could easily handle PS2 in its current form at probably the ultra graphic settings. Having one set of unified hardware is extremely nice for optimization. The PS4 may not be as powerful as high end PCs, but it's powerful enough and it's standardized. Devs can build entire games with 1 hardware configuration while on the PC they have to build for a range often compromising what they can do. However it won't be long until the low spec PCs are outgunning the PS4. The PS4 is a high-end machine from like 2011, not 2013. The thing is rumored to cost $430, I wouldn't expect it to have top-of-the-line hardware.

Last edited by wasdie; 2013-05-03 at 09:09 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?

Lol ps2 on ps4, the tech wont handle it at its current scale. The current best pc hardware cant do anything close to a solid 60fps without overclocking. PS4 is based on current tech and not the best at that, all crammed into a tiny box for $400.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Bigger picture, I hope SOE keeps pushing the ammount of players on continents and servers as technology continues to increase regardless of the platform.

I would guess with optimization, better servers, better PC's, PS2 on the PC could see a population bump as well in a few 3-5 years.

PS3 should be pretty awesome based on what they will learn from PS2......

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-05-03 at 10:38 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

This again? Don't panic Crash. We'll burn this bridge when we get to it. No sooner, no later.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-03, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hamma
PSU Admin

We have absolutely no clue at all if PS2 will even come out on the Playstation let alone what population caps there would be.

You created this thread once and it was locked. Do not create another one.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=54785

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion