Devs: Engineers Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's. - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Flying Fist Attack of Death and Destruction (TM)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Arokel
Private

Re: Devs: Engineers Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's.

I don't agree with ammo packs in general and I think that the jet packs are enough of a unique feature for the light assault. However, I don't think it will be game breaking if its left in.

Last edited by Arokel; 2012-06-07 at 02:18 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Zekeen
Major

Purrfect Storm has commented on the ammo system during today's stream.

They said it is not going to stay as it was in beta, and they are looking at removing it from light assault because using it with the jetpack was giving people a more lonewolf mentality.
Old 2012-06-07, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

While they are at it. Remove the Run-over-ammo-boxes too.
Old 2012-06-07, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
While they are at it. Remove the Run-over-ammo-boxes too.
It would be cool to see it require interact to pick up. Not a biggie, but would be nice.
Old 2012-06-07, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
It would be cool to see it require interact to pick up. Not a biggie, but would be nice.
I would prefer this as well. But honestly, I prefer ammo to be a resource that can be denied. ALA Terminals or deployed equipment.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

If the put it on engineers it may as well be a TF2 dispenser. At least then it is destroyable, and therefore can be denied.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
I would prefer this as well. But honestly, I prefer ammo to be a resource that can be denied. ALA Terminals or deployed equipment.
As long as deployed ammo is limited, I think it will be okay.

The enemy needs to be able to destroy the ammo drop of course. It should have very weak hitpoints.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
If the put it on engineers it may as well be a TF2 dispenser. At least then it is destroyable, and therefore can be denied.
Split it up and give the healing deployable to medics and I'm okay with this, especially if it's e to resupply ammo.

I'd be okay with the healing being automatic when within range, as long as it didn't heal you for something like 5 seconds after taking damage, and wasn't as quick as a medic healing you directly.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-07 at 03:02 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Bam.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
kaffis
Contributor
Major

I don't want to see the engineer with a resupply deployable. That's straying way further into TF2 Engie-nest territory, whereas I'd prefer the PS2 Engineer to feel more like a traditional combatant than a glorified reclusive back-lines camper.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Arokel
Private

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
I don't want to see the engineer with a resupply deployable. That's straying way further into TF2 Engie-nest territory, whereas I'd prefer the PS2 Engineer to feel more like a traditional combatant than a glorified reclusive back-lines camper.
Me too. I plan to play engineer as my main and want to do a more combat focused one. Sounds like they are giving us plenty of customization though so it shouldn't be too big of a problem
Old 2012-06-07, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
SoNaR
Corporal

This might be the Battlefield side of me talking but... I would prefer if it was the Heavy Assault that had the ammo packs, although i'm fine with Engineers having them instead.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
chanic
Private

For anyone who missed it, on the stream today they said that they are planning on changing the class that carries ammo away from the light assault. They didn't say which class they are considering moving it to though.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

I love engineers that can set up field bases. Due to the territory control system in PS2 there will be a lot more fighting in open areas where this capability would be very useful. Deployable turrets, shield gens, perhaps at a high level, vehicle repair and resupply points and cloaking fields; etc.

I'd love to play an engi like that.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Masahiko
Private

You could give it ti Inf to make them more desirable in group play although we all know it will just turn into sniper on cliffs forever. Giving it to engy causes them to juggle a lot more and im not sure the trade off of repairing armor and giving ammo to maxses etc other than they would already be there. They seem like a must as is so they dont need it to enhance there usefulness.

At the same time i could see ha Sitting back with rockets going flying with unlimited ammo because of the ammo pack which would hurt maxses, armor and Air Cav. Its a tough balance place imo.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Arokel
Private

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
^ This.

So far from the streams I don't know much about Engy PS2 since on TB's stream most are running around as LA. I don't even know if Engy fixes mags or scythes. All I seen an Engy do is place a turret. :/
In the E3 stream (I forgot which day) we saw and engineer repair a MAX. Stands to reason they will be able to repair vehicles as well. I think Higby mentioned laying mines as well when he did his stream with TB.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion