How do you feel about the current TTK? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look ma, I'm addicted to PlanetSide!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: How do you feel about the current TTK?

i am a fan of longer ttk.

but in the latest build (e3) we saw, infantry ttk looked worth of a beta-try!

but those vehicle props made of paper have to be replaced by real vehicles.
and vehicles should be less affected by simple bullets.
AV weapons should be the only thing that really hurts them, like it was in ps1.

neurotoxin said that the normal bullets were far more effective to use against aircrafts than the AA-weaponsystems. so there is something horribly wrong and has to be adressed during beta-balancing.

but overall from the gdc footage to now the game has improved a lot, and it looked as if the ttk for soldiers was almost fixed. vehicles next, please!
i am still concerned how it will play out with 50 times more players on the map, all spraying bullets, rockets and lasers around. but without a massive betatestsession nobody can tell how it´s gonna be.
can´t wait to see for myself.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-06-10, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I'm okay with ordinary bullets being effective against the ES fighters and ATV's, but I'd like to see them be extremely ineffective against tanks, Liberators, etc.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Have to wait until beta to see how they tweak it .

We've only seen the e3 footage . Expecting the numbers thats possible at launch could be very interesting. I see the typical average base/outpost fight being similar in numbers to the e3 demo, with some almighty battles going on in places like the central amp station they were using.

With the current ttk as it is, in those almighty battles I get the feeling it will be like day 1 of when they brought out bfr's > spawn> look outside >dead . Thats to be expected with everyone on launch, I'd just hate it to be the norm if you go near a large battle constantly .

Some tweaking and it should get a nice balance
Old 2012-06-10, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
deltase
Corporal

The faster you can kill someone, the faster this game will become in shoot them up bullcrap! What will be the point of doing team work if you get one shoot killed? Everyone will chose snipers or something that doesnt fight directly into the frontlines and that's GG. I'd like to see bigger TTK, i want to see how you need 3 clips to kill a Max, cause Max is a Max and not a paper suit. Tanks in this build are made of paper too and how a paper tank can fight when there will be battles with 40+ tanks? Camping? Oh yeah that was the word to describe tactical crap made from campers who cant fight when on the move.

Tanks need a lot more armor and health, infantry need more health and more survivability. I hope in Beta the devs will make the right choice.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I would like a slow TTK like back in PS1, I really liked that SKILL determined who gets the kill, not who sees the enemy first.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Nasher
Sergeant

Hard to tell from the E3 gameplay. But I don't think infantry should ever be able to kill other infantry less than 2 or 3 hits with any weapon, even with headshots. Or there should be a perk to nullify headshot damage at the cost of movement speed or something.

OFC vehicles are a completely different matter.

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-06-10 at 06:59 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Deadeye
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
I would like a slow TTK like back in PS1, I really liked that SKILL determined who gets the kill, not who sees the enemy first.
Except it's not skill that determined who won. I know that as a fact because I am currently playing Planetside 1 and the TTK in it is horrendous.

The TTK in PS2 needs to be much, much better. I like the battlefield idea of TTK and I'll tell you why with a Battlefield example: In the Battlefield games, whether you used an M4 (Assault Rifle) or an M249 SAW (an LMG) you had a good chance of killing eachother. One was not inheritently better than the other. In fact, Battlefield got it so right that in 2142 and in BF3 I can kill someone just as easily with an SMG as I can with an Assault rifle or LMG. In fact, in 2142, as an engineer, I could even hold an entire missile site by myself because the Engi SMG was actually decent. The balance and skill came in other aspects like using controlled bursts, effective range, and whether one was crouching or using the sites on the gun.

In Planetside 1, which I do currently play (chose to play it to see what it was all about after years of hearing about it), the Gauss rifle, the NC's Medium Assault weapon, which is akin to the M4 or M16, I'm just free points to a guy with a Heavy Assault weapon like the stupidly OP Terran Mini-chaingun (which is akin to an LMG but feels like the Team Fortress 2's Heavy's Minigun). Unless I take the guy completely by suprise, my gun is just plain worse than his is. And, usually, even if I got the drop on him, his TTK is like half of mine, so it ends up being pointless.

Bottom line, the TTK needs to be tighter and no gun should feel useless. If that means going the Battlefield/Call of Duty way, then so be it. Planetside 1's TTK is just stupid. Fact.

Last edited by Deadeye; 2012-06-10 at 08:31 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Daffan
Corporal

Misc Info

Played some Planetside 1 today ( still got 2 accounts with 45 days un-used!!! Found both of em 1 is 5 yrs old other 6!)

the TTK in the streams looks wayyy less than PS1
Everything seems much faster in PS2 too.

^just repeating some infos
Old 2012-06-10, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Okay, let me break it down for you:

Summary: heavy assault trooper got two shotted by a medic using a Cycler carbine.
Didn't saw that. 2 HS? in a row? Even though, not sure I like that since he is HA and the shooter was just a medic.

Lag could be involved. If they have a bad client side compensation ala BF3, that will happen frequently.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
at 37:52 - 38:00 watch the heavy assault, he is 2 shotted by a medic. Total time to kill is about a second.
Had to be two sequential head shots...fire seemed to come from top too.
In that same video it took a VS MAX with a quasar 4 shots to kill a LA. Thats a dedicated anti-infantry heavy weapon against a class with second lowest armor value. at 53:21. He had more than enough time to duck, but he just stood there reloading and eating laser.

Last edited by OutlawDr; 2012-06-10 at 11:33 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Dloan
Private

Where PS1 seriously sucked in the TTK stakes was medium range combat. I haven't really seen much of that. The combination of damage degradation, bloom and COF together with medpacks, shields and armour forced short range combat to dominate.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
HenchAnt
Corporal

TTK looks about right for my taste:
- NC with Gauss Rifle shooting up Vanu
- TR with Repeater Pistol ambushing Vanu from top in one clip
- TR chaingun MAX hunting Vanu
- TR soldier headshotting other TR

While many modern tactial shooters I like take about 2-4 shots (or one headshot), here it appears to be 6-8 hits and more (and/or 2 hits to the head). Feels appropriate to me.

Not sure how the already mentioned "more players = more shots" factor will scale against smarter use of shields, terrain and medics. Guess we'll have to see that in Beta.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Smokingrabbit
Private

infantry vs infantry looked perfect to me. Vehicles though seemed to die very fast considering you are spending recources on em. I do accept that vehicles are a much more situational weapon and take alot more time to get good at. Back in the original beta my first kill in a reaver was one lone infantry man running across open ground and it took ALL of my rockets lol.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Bags
Lieutenant General

Just sayin, but the first two guys missed 90% of their bullets, and 2 hs for a kill is ridiculous TTK.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Pillar of Armor
Sergeant

I'm on the fence about this one. PS1 TTK definitely sucked. The TTK in the E3 demo looked good, but there were a lot of inexperienced players and there were way less people than normal. Throw in 2-4 times the grenade, rocket, and shell spam, some experienced players, and the situation will be way different. The TTK will feel a lot lower because most players won't have full health when they get to a fight. It probably will need to be bumped by a little bit, but I guess we will find out during the beta.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion