Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get Down!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-17, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
ODonnell
Corporal

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

Well if this is the case you can kiss transports and gal drops goodbye. No point of using a ground transport sense they are more exposed and don't have as much room to manuver and must navigate terrain. Why use a gal and bunch all your troops up into 1 juicy target. Even with vehicles having a cost this is straight r e tarded.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Arcticus
Corporal

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding but, even without taking resource cost into account, doesn't an LA pilot beat the HA AV or AA on both the air AND the ground... 1 vs 1?

In the air, the LA pilot has an additional slot since an ejection seat is not needed.

Assuming the HA ejects and lands safely on the rooftop, even if he does AA damage on the LA's plane, causing the LA to bail, the LA is not receiving AI on the way down, then assuming he misses the roof, he jets up to the rooftop and takes down the HA.

Am I wrong? Isn't an HA on a rooftop with a flyswatter going to loose against an LA that can be bopping up and down?

I'm not expecting battles to be 1 vs 1; all I'm saying is that an HA pilot expecting to become a rooftop AA can be countered even by the class that he's supposedly OPed against.

I need to know if I'm wrong as I might have misconceptions about the LA class.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
Oh yeah? Well as a HA you don't need to worry about that useless "weapon" mechanism since you can just jump out and shoot your rockets. That leaves even MORE room for new stuff since you are replacing TWO slots.
The default launcher that the HAs are using now is useless against an aircraft with flares... not really sure how they're gaining that much on the LA in this instance.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
See, I was under the idea that how it was for everyone, that it thrive off of Micro trans only, Booster and Cosmetics etc, No kind of monthly pay.
everyone gets XP offline i think boosters wil effect the ammount but no resources offline as far as i know.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding but, even without taking resource cost into account, doesn't an LA pilot beat the HA AV or AA on both the air AND the ground... 1 vs 1?

In the air, the LA pilot has an additional slot since an ejection seat is not needed.

Assuming the HA ejects and lands safely on the rooftop, even if he does AA damage on the LA's plane, causing the LA to bail, the LA is not receiving AI on the way down, then assuming he misses the roof, he jets up to the rooftop and takes down the HA.

Am I wrong? Isn't an HA on a rooftop with a flyswatter going to loose against an LA that can be bopping up and down?

I'm not expecting battles to be 1 vs 1; all I'm saying is that an HA pilot expecting to become a rooftop AA can be countered even by the class that he's supposedly OPed against.

I need to know if I'm wrong as I might have misconceptions about the LA class.
The heavy assault still has his shield and rifle presumably (or Heavy Assault weapon, in which case he's not using a launcher to take down an aircraft), so assuming he's got good enough aim to keep up with the jumpjetting, then he may have the edge against a light assault character.

It really depends on how important ADS mechanics to actually hitting anything at mid-close range.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Khrakhan
Corporal

Why do people keep discussing HA's as if they will regularly be bailing out of a plane to use their own rockets?

First off, it's essentially suicide unless they have the ES (ejection seat); even then it's a waste unless the plane was actually about to explode.

Why would you not remain in your plane and use IT'S rockets to attack, seems like a very lame and unimpressive tactic to bail and use rocket launcher if you ask me.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-17, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Oh yeah? Well as a HA you don't need to worry about that useless "weapon" mechanism since you can just jump out and shoot your rockets. That leaves even MORE room for new stuff since you are replacing TWO slots.
That makes zero sense.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Khrakhan View Post
Why do people keep discussing HA's as if they will regularly be bailing out of a plane to use their own rockets?

First off, it's essentially suicide unless they have the ES (ejection seat); even then it's a waste unless the plane was actually about to explode.

Why would you not remain in your plane and use IT'S rockets to attack, seems like a very lame and unimpressive tactic to bail and use rocket launcher if you ask me.
Not sure really; Anti-Air MAX users might have a legitimate beef, but I don't imagine too many air cav whores got shot down by ES AV or Decis last time around.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

With the class limitations removing the PS1 supersoldier problem and resource caps making throw-away aircraft less appealing, I'm willing to give this a chance. My primary concern, at this point, is whether or not HA in personal transport aircraft will invalidate other forms of group transport as it did for AgileHA in PS1.

The Deli and Bang Bus had lots of problems on their own but the Mossie was probably the biggest thing standing between them and relevance. It's a concern.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.

Last edited by exLupo; 2012-06-17 at 02:35 AM.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Arcticus
Corporal

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
It really depends on how important ADS mechanics to actually hitting anything at mid-close range.
What are ADS mechanics? I'm not familiar with the acronym.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
What are ADS mechanics? I'm not familiar with the acronym.
Aim Down Sights or Iron Sights (though many of them are not in fact proper iron sights). The cumbersome mechanism present in nearly all modern shooters that blocks your view, slows you down to a crawl, and simultaneously makes all shooting beyond point blank range effectively "spray and pray".

Even if you're not jetting around like in Tribes, a LA player will be extremely difficult to hit if you've got to ADS at short-medium engagement ranges.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
everyone gets XP offline i think boosters wil effect the ammount but no resources offline as far as i know.
its cert points people get offline and i believe there is a quote somewhere that said that people may get resources offline if they pay.

SOE have an optional sub in every one of their F2P games, along with most other F2P games. i cant see them not having one.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-17, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

What fantasy land are you living in?

HA AA will likely be ineffective against enemy aircraft if they have flares. And it's not going to keep your ass from dying when you hit the ground.

As Malorn said, it's probably a lot more useful to gear up in Light Assault for bailing so you can equip your aircraft with flares (which will improve your survivability by a LOT), so that even if you get shot to hell, you still have a viable escape that won't decorate the ground with your brains.

Plus I'm not even sure you can fire weapons while bailing from aircraft. My memory of all the jumpers I've seen is 3rd person side view showing the jumper falling downward side by side with the aircraft more or less.
Old 2012-06-17, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

In my opinion there should be a Pilot class that allows you to fly or drive enclosed vehicles.

Otherwise you will see vehicles used as disposable insertion vehicles - although their cost may help to prevent this.
Old 2012-06-17, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
In my opinion there should be a Pilot class that allows you to fly or drive enclosed vehicles.

Otherwise you will see vehicles used as disposable insertion vehicles - although their cost may help to prevent this.
And what is wrong with using them as disposable insertion vehicles?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion